Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove from San Diego to Texas(1,000 miles) and back(another 1,000 miles) and got about 700 miles to a tank using 91 octane, which I was pretty impressed by. Cruise Control set at 70-80mph depending on where I was. The best average was 47.4mpg. That is by far the best gas mileage I have ever gotten in any car I have ever owned.

·
Registered
45 Posts
WOW. That is impressive. When you say 700 miles to a tank were you filling up past where the pump normally shuts off or filling the tank all the way up? I've never gotten anywhere near that kind of mileage.

·
Administrator
25,038 Posts
Got pictures of your gas receipts or a Fuelly account I can see?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Uhh... hmmm. 700 miles on a little over 12 gallons? Seems a little suspect. That would be roughly 58 mpg. Maybe with 15 gallons. That would be around 47 mpg.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a 15.6 Gallon tank. No receipts, no Fuelly(never heard of it)... Why would I need to lie about my gas mileage? I'm not trying to be like "HEY, LIKE ME!" My last vehicle was a Ford got 19mpg, before that I had a 1990 VW Mark 2 got like 14mpg, before that a Jeep Wrangler got 9mpg in city, 12mpg on highway. I don't do a lot of highway miles living here in San Diego, but I did just get back from Texas where I was able to test the mileage. because I heard a guy in a Cruze Eco get 59mpg, and I was like NO WAY!

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
No receipt/fuelly???? LIAR! GET HIM OFF THESE FORUMS!

haha no, everyone's just always interested to see the stats. Also, the ECO comes with a 12 gal tank stock (pretty sure), so it was a tad confusing.

Anyways, Congrats! Great mileage, hope it was a good trip!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Automatic, 15.6 gallons, look it up. According to my OnStar it says 15.6 gallons as well, so yeah...
"All Cruzes have 15.6 gallon fuel tank capacity, except for the manual-transmission ECO Cruze, which has a 12.6 gallon capacity"
Maybe the NEW 2015 ones have 12 gallons, I never looked it up, I just look up Capacities for my Cruze.

·
Administrator
25,038 Posts
The ECO MT has the same 15.6 gallon tank as every other Cruze on the planet. What it has, however, is an extended shroud on the main tank vent that artifically cuts off the gas pump 3 gallons earlier.

The reason I asked about pump receipts and/or a fuelly account is for our HyperCruzer badges. Take a look in the Fuel economy forum for more information on these.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts