• Ltg 2.0t 272hp 295lb/ft

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi , im new user but i came for answer some time . Last night im driving my car at -27c and the engine start making a weird slaming noise . Im working at Volkswagen garage, and after put it on a lift i see my oil pan whit a lot of oil coming betwin the head and the base. And the sound came from the crank that’s mean my engine are probably done. I make my oil change last week and no oil leak. I wanna know if it will be more expensive to change the engine than change the crank and all broken component . Or maybe a ltg swap! But im from Quebec and it’s not easy to have not expensive part , only in dealership or on website like zzp,bnr,trifecta but it’s a little bit expensive! CarID it’s not a solution , no shipping and probably the most expensive i found . I found new 1.4t on ebay with 25k to 60k miles for 1.000$ and a new one are 3.500$ and the ltg swap 10 000$ (not the solution i think) thanks for answer !

·
Premium Member
7,921 Posts
If you like to work on engines and have the time, an overhaul may not be too bad. But normally, a used engine is the way to go.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Take a closer look to the engine first, it may be the oil pump that failed only..
However, engine swap is not that complicated if you already have some skills, take a look what I've done this summer for one of my Cruze MT:

P.S. When is that cold, don't drive the car right away, let it idling 5-10 min so the oil starts to warm up and all components get properly lubricated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts