Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help. 2012 Chevy Cruze LS 1.8 is hesitating when at a stop. I did a tune up on it a few days ago but nothing really changed. Does this sound like a misfire? It's worse when the A/C is on. I just want some internet help before I take it to my uncle who works at a shop. I'm thinking it's the coil.

Here is a YouTube video of what’s happening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJYWn8C_NEk&feature=youtu.be

I’m thinking tomorrow I’m going to replace the coil.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,276 Posts
[h=1]Welcome Aboard!
[/h]

The needle bouncing looks like a miss. Try regapping your plugs to .028 and torquing to 18 ft-lbs before you buy the coil.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks to the reply, Blasirl. Today, for the first time, the car's check-engine light turned on on my girlfriend on her way to work. Once I get home I'm going to check the gaps.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,276 Posts
Thanks to the reply, Blasirl. Today, for the first time, the car's check-engine light turned on on my girlfriend on her way to work. Once I get home I'm going to check the gaps.
Post the codes. If you do not have a reader, AutoZone etc. will read them for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Post the codes. If you do not have a reader, AutoZone etc. will read them for you.
Will do. Hopefully I get this figured out by tonight because we've planned to take the Cruze to Yosemite for the weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts