Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze LT and I’ve been struggling with coolant system issues for quite some time. What is the recommended Reservoir Cap PSI for my 2012 Chevy Cruze with just under 175,000 miles?

A little backstory - May 2021 the water outlet blew while driving the car. The water outlet was replaced and the car drove fine, no overheating. Fast forward to about a week ago, I drove about 10-15 minutes. I turned the car off and less than 5 minutes later, the hose connected to the water outlet blew, causing steam to barrel from the hood of the car. We replaced the hose, drove it the 10-15 minutes back home and it ran fine the entire time. Turned the car off, and less than 5 minutes later the water outlet broke where it connects to the same hose that blew previously.

I bought a new water outlet and will be replacing that, and it seems like I need to adjust the PSI of my reservoir cap. Any suggestions on PSI?

I am open to all advice/recommendations. Has anyone experiences something like this before?

·
Registered
2013 LT A14NET
42 Posts
You can reinforce the hose with 'Self Fusing Silicon Tape' -It will form a sleeve ( I've done it, self amalgamating tape is cheap and funny to use).
There are other options like fiberglass tape with some resin at the ends (you'll need to keep it flexible not to break the RAD neck).
Product Drinkware Automotive tire Adhesive Cup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts