Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So hi everyone I am new here, and this is my 2nd Chevy cruze to own. I had the 2011 1.8l cruze and it got wrecked so now I have the 1 listed above. I spend most of my time in my car so I like it to be customized just to my liking and also I want it to be the best running cruze out there. So my car didn't come with the backup camera, but I bought 1 and tried having it installed by my electronics guy, but on the back of my head unit he says there isn't a jack to plug it in with, can anyone tell me what I need to do next to get 1 or what? How is a back up camera added to these cars?
Also I just bought a diablo t1000 car tuner for my car, and I really don't know how to use it or if Ir is even safe. Any input???

·
Registered
82 Posts
i just sold my 2012. never had any major issues with it!

as far as the camera, you will need a compatible factory head unit (radio) or an aftermarket one.

the tuner just plugs into the OBD 2 port but are rarely useful without other aftermarket add ons.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,633 Posts
So hi everyone I am new here, and this is my 2nd Chevy cruze to own. I had the 2011 1.8l cruze and it got wrecked so now I have the 1 listed above. I spend most of my time in my car so I like it to be customized just to my liking and also I want it to be the best running cruze out there. So my car didn't come with the backup camera, but I bought 1 and tried having it installed by my electronics guy, but on the back of my head unit he says there isn't a jack to plug it in with, can anyone tell me what I need to do next to get 1 or what? How is a back up camera added to these cars?
Also I just bought a diablo t1000 car tuner for my car, and I really don't know how to use it or if Ir is even safe. Any input???
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Most of us here have either a Trifecta, BNR or OZ (CTD) tune. Both Trifecta and BNR are sponsors. (Can you return it?)

As for the backup camera, Phalanx is correct.
First this-
Post in thread 'How-To: Replace door speakers'
or just this
How-To: install a Back Up Camera Cheaply
or maybe just this
How-To: Add RCA output to your factory radio

1 - 3 of 3 Posts