Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am listing my 2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ for sale. 1 original owned vehicle, Carfax certified in hand, Clean title. 19k original owner miles. Purchased new from Fremont Chevrolet last year in June. Color is summit white and the interior is jet black leather. It is FULLY loaded. 1.4L Turbo. Automatic 6 speed transmission with sport shifting mode. LTZ model with RS package. 18" OEM wheels with performance tires, tire pressure sensors, push button start/remote start from key fob (factory), keyless entry (just walk up to the car and it will unlock no need to fumble with keys) heated front seats, Pioneer audio system with center channel (factory), navigation, voice activated bluetooth connectivity, steering wheels controls, on-star, XM satelite radio, Power Sunroof/moonroof, back up parking sensors, RS package spolier, jet black leather interior, USB connection in center console (factory), carpet mats and all weather Chevy mats (factory option), cargo net (factory option), chrome "CRUZE" door sill plates (factory option). The car is extremely clean and gets great performance and gas mileage. We commute with it and see 34mpg on average. The windows have all been tinted, front license plate removed as well as the badges (still have them and will come with the car), and also the chevy "bowtie" emblems front and back have been coated black. It has been only serviced once so far and that was done at Courtesy Chevrolet in San Jose and it has also been back and had the original recalls performed on this year model. The car drives extremely well, handling and ride is smooth and it is very comfortable inside. It has climate control with one touch power windows and a full touch screen 7" large display for the audio along with steering wheel controls and all the onstar ammentities. It also has the LTZ upscale guage cluster, auto dimming mirrors, 4 wheel power disc brakes, CC, tilt wheel, fog lights, everything. When we ordered the car we wanted every option. The remote start is awesome as well there is a downloadable app. for your smart phone that allows you to lock/unlock and remote start the car from anywhere you have a celluar connetion as well it can monitor the vehicle and provide you with updates on fuel consumption, gas mileage, tire pressure and service logs. It really is an advanced vehicle. I think I have pretty much provided all the details. It has a clean CA title. Female adult driven, no pets, no kids, non-smoking, the interior looks new and smells new as well the exterior. You will not be disappointed when you come to view the car if this is the model you are looking for. I can provide the VIN and additional high resolution pictures if needed. Please feel free to reach out to me through email with any questions you might have. Thank you and I appreciate you taking the time to read my listing. All records and documents will be sold with the car. Looking for $21,750.00.
Thank you again,
Shaun
[email protected]

My pictures are way to high resolution for this site so please email me and I can email you the pictures of the car or text them to you.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
GL with the sale !

I would love to have a 7-speed box... :question:

Reactions: CruzeTech

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. After the meeting at the Dodge dealer tonight it looks like we may be keeping it a little longer very very very disapointed with the trade in value of this car. It is fully loaded with every option and extras in excellent condition and still the trade in offer actually made me chuckle. Sorry Dodge not going to happen. I will see if she sells on the open market but in no hurry right now we have plenty of cars just would have liked to replace this with the new vehicle.If anyone gets interested in her please let me know and we can talk about it. She is a beautiful Cruze, very well maintained and gets compliments when iam out around town people asking what kind of car ir is :D

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
In my experience loaded cars always devalue the fastest, within 1-2years used 1LT is only slightly less price(used) than a similar mileage used LTZ. Its always been that way.

You should be happy with $17,000 that's only slightly less than the dealer is selling them used for. Pretty sure most would be lucky to get a $11,500-14,000 trade for a 2012 cruze.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Thanks guys. After the meeting at the Dodge dealer tonight it looks like we may be keeping it a little longer very very very disapointed with the trade in value of this car. It is fully loaded with every option and extras in excellent condition and still the trade in offer actually made me chuckle. Sorry Dodge not going to happen. I will see if she sells on the open market but in no hurry right now we have plenty of cars just would have liked to replace this with the new vehicle.If anyone gets interested in her please let me know and we can talk about it. She is a beautiful Cruze, very well maintained and gets compliments when iam out around town people asking what kind of car ir is :D
To side with the Dodge dealer on this one, they aren't blowing smoke. The cars are extremely soft in the first year, and you can thank the rental car industry for purchasing over 20,000 (or 10%) of them, and just about all of those have been sold to dealerships to be put on the lot at resale. The used car market is flooded with Cruzes, and I figured that would be a smaller group of the 1LTs but in the past month, Ive seen 7 LTZs at one dealer come out of rental.

Also, tire rotations and oil changes are at 7500 mile intervals for the 1.4 Turbo. I know my first oil change warning didn't come on until 10,300 miles, but I have 24,000 miles on mine and I just got the oil changed for the 3rd time today, and Im on my 4th tire rotation. Just figured I would add that in there.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yeah you guys are def. righty with the value on them and the fact that there are allot of rental versions of this style vehicle on the market didn't help the value. Here in the Bay Area, California this model with the same or less options range anywhere from $18ish to $23k at the dealer non certified. I suppose if a cruze owner was paying a huge car payment and put allot of money down then they would be good to trade in but on a $50k new purchase we won't give up this little guy for less then what we know private party value is here in our area. It's a **** shame the value of this car our Honda didn't depreciate near as much or our BMW, for that matter not one vehicle we ever had has this much depreciation. It's a great car though. Good gas mileage, slow as a snail but comfy for my 3 hour commute each day! Actually seeing pretty good gas mileage too in traffic at around 34/35 mpg. I am just so tempted to reorder my wheels and suspension but then the car will be even further negative so just going to let the wife drive her and keep it on the market. Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it :)

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
In my experience loaded cars always devalue the fastest, within 1-2years used 1LT is only slightly less price(used) than a similar mileage used LTZ. Its always been that way.

You should be happy with $17,000 that's only slightly less than the dealer is selling them used for. Pretty sure most would be lucky to get a $11,500-14,000 trade for a 2012 cruze.
Dealer mailed me an offer for $15,500 for my 2011 LTZ, so the $17,000 sounds about right. A value of $11,500 - $14,000 is flat out insulting. No way any car loses 50% of its value in 2 years.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Dealer mailed me an offer for $15,500 for my 2011 LTZ, so the $17,000 sounds about right. A value of $11,500 - $14,000 is flat out insulting. No way any car loses 50% of its value in 2 years.
I got 20k in January for my 2012 Cruze LTZ RS in trade.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Really makes you not want to buy a Cruze if it's going to loose half it's value within a couple of years.

Is the Ford Focus the same way?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got 20k in January for my 2012 Cruze LTZ RS in trade.
Wow! That is awesome do you mind me asking what type of dealer did you trade it into because so far Dodge (3 different ones had the balls to offer me $15k, lol) No seriously I actually laughd out loud there. You think they would have gave me a little more considering I am purchasing a $53k car from them. Guess we will just keep driving it until Chevy is not offering rebates like they are now. I guess January was the month to take a trade.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.