Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys?... Had my Cruze since February on 16 and I wanna tune it inside and out... Looking for guidance and a little input on where to start and what to get internally to turn my baby into a beast!!! it only has 93000 on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The biggest difference for the smallest price will be to get a tune. The most commonly recommended tune is from BNR. It depends on how much money you want to dump into it, the aftermarket world is ready to take your money.

Reactions: Jovonne_Price

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum! The biggest difference for the smallest price will be to get a tune. The most commonly recommended tune is from BNR. It depends on how much money you want to dump into it, the aftermarket world is ready to take your money.
I'm a idiot bro what's BNR?

·
2,168 Posts
I'm a idiot bro what's BNR?

The BNR tune is a tune and tuner from bad news racing, here's a link to the kit should you decide that's the route you want to go but I'd recommend doing some research first before diving in. Just to be sure that's definitely the way you want to go.

BNR Tune 2011-2016 Limited Chevrolet Cruze 1.4L Turbo

Other popular tunes are the trifecta tune and the vermont tune, but from what I've read the BNR is the way to go. Keep in mind I don't personally have a tune on my car and I'm only recommending based on what research I've done, it's what I would choose if I had more money to throw around.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The BNR tune is a tune and tuner from bad news racing, here's a link to the kit should you decide that's the route you want to go but I'd recommend doing some research first before diving in. Just to be sure that's definitely the way you want to go.

BNR Tune 2011-2016 Limited Chevrolet Cruze 1.4L Turbo

Other popular tunes are the trifecta tune and the vermont tune, but from what I've read the BNR is the way to go. Keep in mind I don't personally have a tune on my car and I'm only recommending based on what research I've done, it's what I would choose if I had more money to throw around.
Hey thanks bro... You have a cold air intake?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Welcome! While you can make the car more fun, don't expect to create a racer. The mods won't go that far. GM didn't leave much meat on the bone for added horsepower.

·
2,168 Posts
Hey thanks bro... You have a cold air intake?

No I'm still using the stock intake. I have not done anything to the engine other than change the oil, and change my manual transmission fluid to a much better Amsoil synchromesh.

Welcome! While you can make the car more fun, don't expect to create a racer. The mods won't go that far. GM didn't leave much meat on the bone for added horsepower.
Very true indeed. The Cruze engine is 1,364cc, Many motorcycles have engines with more displacement. Even with a turbo, there's a limit to the potential power that can be extracted from an engine so small and GM is already getting close to 150 ft/lbs. The whole point of the engine is to get a ridiculous amount of miles per gallon.

Reactions: BrandoFisher117

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks bro I just want it to look and sound like a beast.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts