Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chevy Cruze 2012 1.4 l - bought used with 185,000 km. First two months, I had to take it in for a burning oil smell in the cab. It has a crack transmission line.
In the last 9 months I have had to take it in multiple times for a oil leak, then another for a coolant leak and today I just had to get the camshaft valve replaced.
I’ve called GM because I had an extended warranty but I am now over 5000 km for them to cover it so I had to pay out of pocket. I was never told about the extended warranty and I don’t know if I was suppose too? I am just finding out how the cracked lines would have also been another extended warranty.
my coolant leak was also a recall but I was again not notified and found out after the fact.
I live in Canada but my car was made in the USA. I’m wanting to make a complaint to GM because I don’t feel like I should have to pay to repair something they had a service bulletin for (the camshaft valve). I’m wondering if anyone has had this same problem? I’m sure there is because I’m reading a lot of the same issues. Another question is if you buy a used car, does the dealer have to disclose if there were any recalls or service bulletins to you? I bought my car with just the right amount of km that when they did the repairs when they bought it from whoever sold it to them that they would have known about them to fix them.
i am financed for 2 more years with this car and I’ve been almost 3500$ into for repairs.
i just need some help and advice on what to do…

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,146 Posts
Chevy Cruze 2012 1.4 l - bought used with 185,000 km. First two months, I had to take it in for a burning oil smell in the cab. It has a crack transmission line.
In the last 9 months I have had to take it in multiple times for a oil leak, then another for a coolant leak and today I just had to get the camshaft valve replaced.
I’ve called GM because I had an extended warranty but I am now over 5000 km for them to cover it so I had to pay out of pocket. I was never told about the extended warranty and I don’t know if I was suppose too? I am just finding out how the cracked lines would have also been another extended warranty.
my coolant leak was also a recall but I was again not notified and found out after the fact.
I live in Canada but my car was made in the USA. I’m wanting to make a complaint to GM because I don’t feel like I should have to pay to repair something they had a service bulletin for (the camshaft valve). I’m wondering if anyone has had this same problem? I’m sure there is because I’m reading a lot of the same issues. Another question is if you buy a used car, does the dealer have to disclose if there were any recalls or service bulletins to you? I bought my car with just the right amount of km that when they did the repairs when they bought it from whoever sold it to them that they would have known about them to fix them.
i am financed for 2 more years with this car and I’ve been almost 3500$ into for repairs.
i just need some help and advice on what to do…
Special Coverage - Camshaft Cover Replacement - (Jul 28, 2020) #N202299080

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’d like to add to this:

I took my vehicle and had the repairs done on the camshaft. Two days after it leaving the mechanics, not driven at all - the engine light turned on.
I took it back and they did something while doing the last repair and fixed it free of charge.
I got the car back last Sunday and today I was at a red light and I accelerated and at about 30 km, it jolted and my check engine light turned on and was blinking and my traction light came on. As well as two notices on my dash came that said SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL AND SERVICE STABILITRAK. My car was shaking and not running properly so I pulled over and turned it off and you could hear my engine for about 15 minutes after.

I feel like I am being jerked around at this point and I don’t know what to do. Please someone give me some advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At 185,000 km. Any car is bound to have SOME type or problem
Yes but I bought the car at 185,000 km and it had no issues. I’ve kept up on the maintenance and it’s been in and out of the mechanic about 7 times in the last 6 months.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah your post on service traction control etc. Then running rough my 2013 did same it was coil pack which is an easy fix about 120. 00 part 10 min Fix maybe a little longer if you replace spark plugs too👍

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,146 Posts
I’d like to add to this:

I took my vehicle and had the repairs done on the camshaft. Two days after it leaving the mechanics, not driven at all - the engine light turned on.
I took it back and they did something while doing the last repair and fixed it free of charge.
I got the car back last Sunday and today I was at a red light and I accelerated and at about 30 km, it jolted and my check engine light turned on and was blinking and my traction light came on. As well as two notices on my dash came that said SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL AND SERVICE STABILITRAK. My car was shaking and not running properly so I pulled over and turned it off and you could hear my engine for about 15 minutes after.

I feel like I am being jerked around at this point and I don’t know what to do. Please someone give me some advice.
They reset the code and figured you would not connect the dots when it returned. As for the traction messages, have you replaced the negative battery cable yet? That was one of the common symptoms.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts