Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...
We bought this used chevy Cruze and have had nothing but ISSUES.
Traction control light, stability control light, and now timing belt.
Drives like crap hesitates and dont wanna go after the car sits overnight and after driving for a hour or so.
We believe the other lights that have been coming on like abs, check engine light and brake light has been disconnected.
We have taken it back 6 times now and have been told the issue is FIXED.....
We have driven it about 100 miles most back to the dealer it was bought from...
And are still getting the run around...

Anyone....ANYONE possibly know what is causing all these issues....

PLEASE LET ME KNOW ...
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME...
IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED...

THANK YOU..
J.D.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sounds like you bought the rental mule that finally couldn't go on, to put it another way you bought someone else's car problems.

·
Registered
60 Posts
From what I’ve read about traction control it could be your steering pos sensor, wheel speed sensor or brake sensor, also I’ve read a lot that spark plugs, coil pack or neg battery cable could cause that. Now I can’t speak for non turbo ecotechs but are you sure you have a belt and not a chain because mine is chain driven (found that out when I replaced my water pump) if you do indeed have a belt get it replaced ASAP because there interference engines and once they jump time the engine is trashed. Also if you have a belt get the water pump kit that has a new tension pulley and belt even if you don’t need the pump. Most of the time the kit is about 10 tp 20% higher than just the belt and you might as well replace it while your there. Also if you have over a 100k on that engine I would start saving up for a new one them engines don’t have a good track record after 150k before I got mine my lil bro had to replace the motor because cyl 3 blew hole in the block

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for all the reply..
Problem has been solved....
Car was totaled last week.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

1 - 5 of 5 Posts