Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,

First time posting here..I have a question. I have a 2012 Cruze with just about 79,000 miles on it. I've been in the situation where I need to make longer road trips in the future (about 2,000 miles round trip), and I'm just wondering how many miles I can push the car before I really need to worry about replacing the engine / transmission / etc. I don't have the money to replace anything that would cost hundreds or thousands of dollars to repair. Is there an average amount of miles that I can push the car before those issues will start popping up?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Water pumps to plastic coolant housings. Also that dreaded negative battery cable that was cheaply produced. Have you had them replaced yet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Water pumps to plastic coolant housings. Also that dreaded negative battery cable that was cheaply produced. Have you had them replaced yet?
I just had one of the hoses replaced a few months ago as it was starting to rupture and leak. I forget the exact name, but I believe it was the coolant hose? That was close to $400 right there at the dealership along with a few other minor issues that they resolved for me. I haven't experienced any issues with the battery cables.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yes hoses will go after awhile but its those plastic housings that are connected to the engine that start to leak and break. This is one area where GM should have used metal.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
My wife and I made a 4700 mile round trip in my ECO MT last month. My car is at 89,000 miles. Also, CruzeEcoBlueTopaz has a 2012 ECO MT with an estimated 400,000+ miles. He hasn't posted in a couple of months so we don't know for sure.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Typical design life is 148,000 miles if you religiously follow the maintenance schedule to the letter.

After that and you're at risk of replacing major assemblies that can get $,$$$ very expensive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Typical design life is 148,000 miles if you religiously follow the maintenance schedule to the letter.

After that and you're at risk of replacing major assemblies that can get $,$$$ very expensive.
Thanks for the response! Hmm, and I'm just about at 79,000....148,000 isn't that far off especially if there's a few 2,000 mile round trips in there. Seems like I should start a rainy day fund for a down payment on a future vehicle if anything!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.