Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
Well I just talked to my salesman and here are the color choices listed for an LTZ/RS for 2012:

Silver Ice Metallic
Gold Mist Metallic
Black Granite Metallic
Ice Blue Metallic
Victory Red
Summit White
Crystal Red Tintcoat
Blue Topaz Metallic

These are in GM's system for 2012 as of today...

Also from www.gminsidenews.com

Deletions

• (GAP) Imperial Blue Metallic exterior color
  • (EN4) Cargo cover compartment
  • Rear center headrest on all trims
New Features

• (GGT) Autumn Metallic exterior color
  • (GTS) Blue Topaz Metallic exterior color
  • (GCN) Victory Red exterior color (RS model only)
  • (ATH) Keyless entry, available on 2LT with (MH8) automatic transmission, standard on LTZ
  • (BTM) Keyless start switch, included with (ATH) Keyless entry on 2LT with (MH8) automatic transmission, standard on LTZ
  • (DT4) Smoker's Package
  • (MR5) 6-speed manual transmission standard on 1LT and 2LT
Changes

• (GAO) Gold Mist Metallic exterior color is now available on 2LS
  • (UYS) AM/FM stereo with navigation is replaced with (UEW) AM/FM stereo with lower cost, touch-screen navigation
  • (AH4) Driver 8-way seat adjuster is replaced with (AH3) driver 6-way seat adjuster (manual seat bottom tilt deleted)
  • Front passenger 8-way seat adjuster is replaced with (AG6) front passenger 6-way seat adjuster (manual seat bottom tilt deleted)
  • (PCL) Connectivity Plus Package content is now standard on 1LT, therefore package is no longer offered
  • (PDC) 1LT/1XF Driver Convenience Package contains (BTV) remote start when (MH8) automatic transmission is ordered on 1LT and ECO
  • RPO code for the compact spare tire and wheel is now (RU5) and it is now standard on all models except ECO manual and 1FL
  • RPO code for the tire sealant and inflator kit is now (KTI)
  • (B34) Floor mats are now standard on LS
  • Newly designed wheel cover on LS
  • (WR6) 16" 5-spoke machined-face alloy wheels are now standard on 1LT
  • (RBU) 17" 5-spoke alloy wheels with 4-wheel disc brakes are now standard on 2LT
  • (T3U) Fog lamps are now standard on LTZ
  • Instrument panel storage bin becomes a storage shelf on LS
  • New sew patterns on seat inserts
  • 2 MPG highway improvement on models with the 1.4L Turbo equipped with an automatic transmission

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
how does the topaz blue look like? its that sky blue kinda?

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how does the topaz blue look like? its that sky blue kinda?
Exactly...I gotta go pick out a color without knowing what some look like.
I will most likely go with the Topaz Blue though.

I don't know why the Autumn Metallic isn't showing up on his system though...that sounds interesting....

·
Registered
149 Posts
What happened to the Autumn metallic? Thats what I was most excited about! Also I wish they would do something like the Ford Kona Blue, thats my favorite shade of blue on a car available.

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What happened to the Autumn metallic? Thats what I was most excited about! Also I wish they would do something like the Ford Kona Blue, thats my favorite shade of blue on a car available.
One thought on the lack of Autumn Metallic....the color choices he gave me were what was available on the GM system for an LTZ/RS, which is what I have on order....it may be that Autumn Metallic is not available on my particular trim line. I'll try and clarify when I see him in the next few days. If I can get my color choice in, he's going to modify my order and resubmit mid-month.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Does anyone know who is supplying Lordstown with paint? Is it DuPont, PPG, SherwinWilliams, Behr, etc.? I am finding it difficult to believe that all of the paint suppliers are getting their pigments from Japan.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...fish scales = metallic "flakes"?

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK...got a call from my dealership today. Latest is that the existing "Granite Blue Metallic" is going to be made available on the 2012 Cruze. I'm going to ride over and see what it looks like since it is on some Chevy Trucks, and is not a "new" color. I don't know what this means for the Topaz Blue Metallic, but I will probably be modifying my order from Imperial Blue Metallic to Granite Blue Metallic next week. He also confirmed the keyless entry and push button start will be standard on my LTZ.

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Starting to wish I'd waited til 2012 to buy.
I'm sort of glad I was delayed into a 2012 model, the biggest downside is not being able to get an Imperial Blue Metallic.

I changed my order yesterday for an LTZ/RS with all options in Crystal Red Tintcoat. Should have it early August...oh well, another summer with no A/C!!:D

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm sort of glad I was delayed into a 2012 model, the biggest downside is not being able to get an Imperial Blue Metallic.

I changed my order yesterday for an LTZ/RS with all options in Crystal Red Tintcoat. Should have it early August...oh well, another summer with no A/C!!:D
Its a bummer that you car will not be as beautiful as mine :D but good call on just holding out for the 2012. Especially since you are getting it loaded and will be able to enjoy the touchscreen nav. The pushbutton start will be a fun add well. Its only a couple of months away and July will be your only sweaty month. hahaha

You cannot say the quake in Japan had no effect on your life. Its pretty minor compared to what they are dealing with, but it did affect your daily life.

Stay around and keep us posted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I retract my previous statement: I had overlooked the touchscreen nav and +2mpg (however true this latter statement is). I would not have a nav interface that wasn't touchscreen; therefore, I wait.

If I was buying a base package I would probably not care, but like gman, I am going all out on this car.

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its a bummer that you car will not be as beautiful as mine :D but good call on just holding out for the 2012. Especially since you are getting it loaded and will be able to enjoy the touchscreen nav. The pushbutton start will be a fun add well. Its only a couple of months away and July will be your only sweaty month. hahaha

You cannot say the quake in Japan had no effect on your life. Its pretty minor compared to what they are dealing with, but it did affect your daily life.

Stay around and keep us posted.
Well to rub salt into the wound....this past week I started meeting an Imperial Blue Metallic Cruze on my way home from work.....dang it!!

I'll be OK with the red though....it was my second preference only because of the extra $$$ for that color. One of the guys at the dealership said he thinks that they are removing the premium paint charges for the 2012 model year.
If this is true, great. If not, I will try and haggle the premium paint charge off because of all the crap I've gone through, and the fact that 2 of our 3 vehicles have came from this dealership, and from the same salesman.:D

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I retract my previous statement: I had overlooked the touchscreen nav and +2mpg (however true this latter statement is). I would not have a nav interface that wasn't touchscreen; therefore, I wait.

If I was buying a base package I would probably not care, but like gman, I am going all out on this car.
Hey nStyle,
Keep us updated....you ordered yet?

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any theories on when the 2012 model will be on the "Build your own" configurator on the Chevy site? Since my dealer is ordering 2012's, and has been at least since May 9th, I'd have thought I could get on-line and configure one. Interested to see any price differences...

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Any theories on when the 2012 model will be on the "Build your own" configurator on the Chevy site? Since my dealer is ordering 2012's, and has been at least since May 9th, I'd have thought I could get on-line and configure one. Interested to see any price differences...
I asked this question to the "Chevrolet Marketing Support Representative" a couple of weeks ago. They had already told me the 2012 production would start on 06/21/11 (Tuesday?) and then in a subsequent question told me that the Cruze website would be updated to 2012 about the same time. I remarked to them that that was a lame idea, as the competition already has their websites updated for the 2012 models. Dealers are telling potential customers that orders placed now would be for 2012 models, but don't have all of the details. The CMSR said he was sorry to hear that I was unhappy and that he would pass it along. The only thing I can think of doing is to sign on to the web site chat and badger them on updating the build your own pages. I think it is typical GM management not being able to make a decision without spending months chewing on the details until it is almost too late.

Jim

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.