Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2012 Toyota Corolla LE rental for a week during vacation. I was hoping for a Focus or Cruze, but got stuck with this. This Corolla sure does feel like an appliance more than a car. It feels like a base Cruze LS with fewer options and a cheaper interior. Its a good deal slower than my Eco, and the interior is covered with cheap plastics. The interior feels cheap everywhere I look. It also hasn't gotten anywhere near its significantly lower EPA mpg estimates, having been unable to even get its city mpg rating with around a 30/70% split highway/city driving (although two lead foot drivers have been the ones doing the driving). Another thing I noticed on the exterior is the paint has MAJOR orange peel everywhere. After owning my Cruze, it makes the Corolla look like a cheaply built pile of junk.
After putting up with this Corolla for a week, it makes me wonder why anyone would want to buy a brand new Corolla when you have much more competitive cars like the Cruze, Focus, and Elantra to choose from for similar prices. In its current form, I would never pay that kind money for a new car like the Corolla.

·
Registered
348 Posts
i had a corolla as a rental last year after my 1st cruze was totalled. im not sure what year it was but i agree 100%.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,309 Posts
I ask myself the same question every time I see them on the road. They are EVERYWHERE - 2009 and later models too. If anything, they made the interior worse for 2009.

The Corolla has a touchy pedal that gives it peppy acceleration to 25-35 mph. Anything after that, you're constantly left flooring it to keep up highway speed on a hill or just keep up with traffic.

Friends have them. I hate them. I hope the 2014 really changes things for them. Then they'll have a reason to sell so many of the darn things.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts