Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2012 Cruze 1.4 P1101, P0171, P0507

4600 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Blasirl
ok so my cruze has had the p1101 on for about 2 months now but today it and p0171, p0507 showed up and idle goes up and down in rpm. any ideas?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
ok so my cruze has had the p1101 on for about 2 months now but today it and p0171, p0507 showed up and idle goes up and down in rpm. any ideas?
P1101 is referring to intake air flow system performance, likely reduced performance. P0171 is referring to lean fuel trim, and P0507 is referring to high idle speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P1101 is referring to intake air flow system performance, likely reduced performance. P0171 is referring to lean fuel trim, and P0507 is referring to high idle speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found the problem already popped the hood and heard the hissing and the pcv valve is sucking air so now is the question im dead broke for at least 2 weeks till get paid and the valve cover is like 100 dollars at dealer but I was wondering if putting some rtv over the tiny hole that its sucking from help for temporarily because the car almost dies at idle with it sucking air but put my finger on it is runs fine. will blocking that tiny hole hurt anything

· Registered
2012 Cruze RS
84 Posts
I found the problem already popped the hood and heard the hissing and the pcv valve is sucking air so now is the question im dead broke for at least 2 weeks till get paid and the valve cover is like 100 dollars at dealer but I was wondering if putting some rtv over the tiny hole that its sucking from help for temporarily because the car almost dies at idle with it sucking air but put my finger on it is runs fine. will blocking that tiny hole hurt anything
Please see this thread, it will help you out in the long run.
It's very likely that your check-valve has vanished, and you'll need to replace/repair more than just the valve cover.

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,165 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.