Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
To be completely honest, I think you're looking for a problem that doesn't really exist. What is your worry with a few degrees higher?
Well I would rather not end up on the side of the road with a blown head gasket. Its not a few degrees, its the irratic behavior. I live in Texas and it gets above 100 degrees during the summer. I'm not here to make a 1.4l engine fast, im here to make it dependable.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
966 Posts
Well I would rather not end up on the side of the road with a blown head gasket. Its not a few degrees, its the irratic behavior. I live in Texas and it gets above 100 degrees during the summer. I'm not here to make a 1.4l engine fast, im here to make it dependable.
But it’s normal to hit those temps, Cruze has an electronic controlled thermostat and changes engine temps to increase efficiency among other reasons, this is not your 1995 mechanical thermostat. You could start worrying if you see 240 or above.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok, gotcha. I did see it hit 240 once since I started the thread but I have change out everything and fix any and all leaks.

I purchased the BNR tune to lower the temps and increase the fuel economy. I will make the difference back in less than a year to drive this instead of my TBSS or my 18 Malibu 2.0T. They drink gas.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
966 Posts
Ok, gotcha. I did see it hit 240 once since I started the thread but I have change out everything and fix any and all leaks.

I purchased the BNR tune to lower the temps and increase the fuel economy. I will make the difference back in less than a year to drive this instead of my TBSS or my 18 Malibu 2.0T. They drink gas.
Nice, be sure to ask for an Eco tune from them, I recently got one and it sips the fuel and only boosts to around 7-8 PSI. You can add many tunes to your programmer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I asked for a refund. I have done tunes with my TBSS using Vector Motorsports, the same as BNR does and it was back the next day at most. $600 all in should justify better customer service than no tune on the 5th day. Just because they put 24 to 48 business hours doesn't mean you bump the deadline. If they are working remotely they shouldn't be taking money for something as a back order when they can do the tune from anywhere.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I asked for a refund. I have done tunes with my TBSS using Vector Motorsports, the same as BNR does and it was back the next day at most. $600 all in should justify better customer service than no tune on the 5th day. Just because they put 24 to 48 business hours doesn't mean you bump the deadline. If they are working remotely they shouldn't be taking money for something as a back order when they can do the tune from anywhere.
They can, but you or the cruze isn't the only thing they are doing here... they are tuning vehicles on multiple platforms. They are vendors here and many other forums. How many customers have they gotten just from this car alone....

That's a lot of ppl to service at any given point in time

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Don't understand the attachments above but the question is the same, can someone provide me with BNR contacts or if there is someone here that I can speak to from there.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts