Reactions: dhpnet

·
Registered
660 Posts
Motor swap or turbo charge the motor.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
How much power you lookin to get. Im sure a v8 rwd conversion will be done at some point by someone crazy. A lot of structural strenthening will need to be done such as a roll cage. A tubbed cruze would be cool though. Im sure itll be a long time before any of this happens. if ever.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
Sorry rude boy but you got the worst trim for getting any type of power out of the stock engine. You would had better output with any of the 1.4's with an e85 tune and bolt ons, or the diesel.

Time to decide to trade it in, or stick to appearance mods like the rest of us.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Your 1.8 Cruze will never win at the drag strip, but there's no reason you couldn't make it look like a dragster.

I don't know much about doing this, but someone on the forum probably does. I remember a long time ago people used to put big tires in the back and install glass packs. The rear usually sat much higher than the front. Then it needed a bright paint job usually with flames. Maybe even run the exhaust pipes out the side instead of the rear. Oh, and a hood scoop.

I bet the Cruze would look pretty cool as a dragster.

·
Registered
990 Posts
All these guys are wrong. Why can't a cruze win at drag racing? People said the same about Hondas toyota nissan and so on. You can make more power with the 1.8 stock then the 1.4.

What are your power goals?
budget?

I if I had a 1.8 I would do full header intake and cat back and a nano kit and a Tune.

Or a basic t3/t4 turbo set up would work good search online for DIY turbo manifolds and see what fits your budget ebay hondatech CL look for used turbo parts for a good $2500 you can have a good set up with a tune.

My dream build is a all motor high comp 1.8 with homemade ITBs and a 100 shot nano kit I have a weakness for N2o

Just noticed your in LA if your dead on about boosting the 1.8 contact Henry at 2stepmotorsports he has good pricing on custom stuff and has one of the best tuners at doitdyno

·
Registered
23 Posts
Turbo is the only way for that.

The first problem is that 6T30 gearbox will not handle the huge torque for a long time.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
All these guys are wrong. Why can't a cruze win at drag racing? People said the same about Hondas toyota nissan and so on. You can make more power with the 1.8 stock then the 1.4.

What are your power goals?
budget?

I if I had a 1.8 I would do full header intake and cat back and a nano kit and a Tune.

Or a basic t3/t4 turbo set up would work good search online for DIY turbo manifolds and see what fits your budget ebay hondatech CL look for used turbo parts for a good $2500 you can have a good set up with a tune.

My dream build is a all motor high comp 1.8 with homemade ITBs and a 100 shot nano kit I have a weakness for N2o

Just noticed your in LA if your dead on about boosting the 1.8 contact Henry at 2stepmotorsports he has good pricing on custom stuff and has one of the best tuners at doitdyno
We would love to be proven wrong. No, really.

Someone crazy needs to be the pioneer for that though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
technically you can win a drag race with any car, dial in times even up any race and then it comes down to reliability and consistency of the combo!

if you can get the 1.8 turboed its going to have more potential than the 1.4 or 1.6 turbo! but you are at a disadvantaged starting point having to do it all yourself.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
man, I would love to see an upgraded turbo in a cruze HA, HA! that would be pretty awesome tho nevermind :(

·
Registered
339 Posts
If you were to upgrade the turbo wouldn't you likely have to upgrade the Intercooler? Not sure the stock would do it... and would you need a wet intercooler then? Don't think there is a lot of room for a bigger air intercooler..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NO TURBO"S..N/A are my thing...im guessing I need a new coil pack new spark plugs and headers ...im holding out on the tune I just want 150hp to the wheels instead of my 90hp im getting now

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I cant accelerate or hold speed is it time for dealership visit esp if I get a loud pop click and squeal??? I mean this coming from the place that left my powertrain loose

·
Premium Member
4,645 Posts
Guys, you can drag race a wheel chair if you want to. I've watched everything from Smart Cars to Scooby-Doo vans to jet powered school busses do the 1/4 mile. No matter what you run, you won't be the fastest and you (probably) won't be the slowest.

The question here shouldn't be if or how you can drag a Cruze, it should be some sort of time/speed goal.

If your goal is a 15 second Cruze, buy a turbo model and tune it. Done.

If you want a 12 second Cruze, good luck with that.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
I think the 1.8 has more potential for power than the 1.4. However strengthening the motor and turbocharging it I'm sure you can achieve 3-400 HP. But I mean that's on a huge budget and a ton of patience.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts