Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there folks.

I've been driving an old Chrysler LHS 2000 for the longest time, and finally purchased my deceased grandfather's 2012 Chevy Cruze from my folks because I felt it was time to get a car that wasn't over half my age. She's been doing just fine, but I've occasionally been getting a check engine light (it comes and goes, mostly isn't there). I hooked up an OBD-II tool and got back a P0597 code. There seems to be a lot of debate about whether or not this is the thermostat itself or just the sensor - it's been fixed from both. I've decided to try the cheaper alternative first: the sensor replacement.

Now my question is, where do I find this sucker? There seems to be some variation on part location between the 2011 and 2013 Cruze models, while I am right in the middle. Here's the car specs:

2012 Chevy Cruze 2LS
Engine: 1.8L L4 DOHC 16V FFV
Part: ACDelco 213-4688 Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor

I'd post some pictures but I'm a new member, so, let me know if you need any more information!

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,404 Posts
Hey there folks.

I've been driving an old Chrysler LHS 2000 for the longest time, and finally purchased my deceased grandfather's 2012 Chevy Cruze from my folks because I felt it was time to get a car that wasn't over half my age. She's been doing just fine, but I've occasionally been getting a check engine light (it comes and goes, mostly isn't there). I hooked up an OBD-II tool and got back a P0597 code. There seems to be a lot of debate about whether or not this is the thermostat itself or just the sensor - it's been fixed from both. I've decided to try the cheaper alternative first: the sensor replacement.

Now my question is, where do I find this sucker? There seems to be some variation on part location between the 2011 and 2013 Cruze models, while I am right in the middle. Here's the car specs:

2012 Chevy Cruze 2LS
Engine: 1.8L L4 DOHC 16V FFV
Part: ACDelco 213-4688 Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor

I'd post some pictures but I'm a new member, so, let me know if you need any more information!
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

2LS? I am not familiar with that. Is it a 2LT?

Look at some of these threads to see if you can find your answer:

Cruze Cabin Odors, Sources, and Resolution Summary
Antifreeze Smell Thread V.2
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/25-gen1-service-issues/5843-antifreeze-smell-thread.html

Also try searching for "Coolant Sensor" at the right.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found it with the help of a member's PMs! Thermostat was right by the engine, and this little sucker was easily held in with a pin that I just needed to remove. Voila!

Also I think it's just an LS, not a 2LS!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts