Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. Long time reader first time poster.
Got in my wife's 2012 Cruze Eco the other day and noticed the Defoe having issues. If I select the dash vents, warm air flows fine. If I select the windshield defog only it blows the dash vents and a very very small amount out of the defog vents. If I select the floor and windshield I get floor and dash. If I select floor only its 99% floor and 1% dash, which might be common but never paid any attention. No work has been on it lately. No batteries disconnected or anything. Only issue I have is that the other night I bashed a raccoon with my front bumper and will have some work done there but I'm thinking it's not related. Any suggestions or anything I can do myself would be appreciated. Let me know!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for Posting:) and Well it could either be the Hvac control or the vent motor that opens and closes for the windshield. Is it still under warranty? Extended?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the delayed reply guys.
The car is out of warranty.
I tried to reset the HVAC computer, did it twice, no go. Still no air to window vents.
I had this issue before in my GMC Envoy where it would not change to anything other then the floor and defog when its actuator died. Which is fine if I knew that was what it was I would just change it out. I looked up as much info as I could find and I'm not getting much. I see there are two different actuators, one is the temperature blend door actuator, which I dont think thats it because my temp works fine, and the other is the mode door actuator, which is the one I think it is. My big problem is that with the GMC Envoy and it being such a common issue there were pages and pages and even Youtube videos on how to change it out and I am finding very limited info on where to find and replace the part. Any info past what I have found so far would be extremely helpful. Thank you again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts