Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I've been having a rather common issue with my 2012 Cruze Eco. The Symptoms WERE as follows: 1) Check engine light on. 2) Message reading A/C shut off due to high engine temperature. 3) No coolant temperature reading on dash needle or dash menu. 4) Radiator fan turning on as soon as the car starts. 5) Engine does not overheat despite message and otherwise runs perfectly fine; So I ran a diagnostic and it seemed to just be a faulty engine coolant temperature sensor. Up until now I was under the false impression there was only one sensor(The one on the side of the engine), so I recently replaced it by the book. It is still experiencing all of the previously mentioned Symptoms with one significant difference: the radiator fan is not turning on no matter how long it idles even with me occasionally reving the engine. I now know that there is a second sensor on the passenger side of the radiator. I was wondering if replacing this second sensor while having the negative battery lead disconnected to reset the computer will fix my issue? Or should I run another diagnostic to be sure the only error code I'm getting is still for a faulty engine coolant temperature sensor before replacing it? I've included a photo of the sensor I replaced, and it was clearly corroded and in need of a replacement. I take very good care of my Cruze and don't want to drive it until I have this issue sorted out, can someone help me out here?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,342 Posts
Yes, I’d replace the radiator one and go from there. They are both somewhat of a common issue.

Interesting that it isn’t turning on the fan anymore though. That is supposed to be its failsafe mode when it doesn’t get a reading from one of the sensors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts