Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble also with my console loosing power and radio going out along with blinkers and cruise control. Has been happening for about 2 months so far. The last 2 days it has been frequent. Has anyone else had the problem fixed and if so what do I need to do?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Sounds like it might be the negative battery cable. . . .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah I had that exact problem, stabilitrak notices, the radio reset a couple times, and the last straw, it went all HAL on me and started but would not shift into any forward or reverese gears. I hooked up a scan tool (I had in the car) and it had all sorts of interesting codes about CAN bus failures (must have had a nice brown out that confused it pretty good. ) While I was contemplating popping off the battery cable and reattaching to see if it'd reset (it was fairly hot out so I really preferred not to) it cleared up on it's own. Anyway, on mine I didn't even have to replace the cable, I unbolted both ends of it, there was all this corrosion and crap built up on both ends which I cleaned off, reattached it and problem solved. It runs through a "ring" which is actually a current sensor, so you must run it through the same ring when you reinstall or replace it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts