Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my cruze a couple weeks back and have been liking it so far. Definitely not the kind of car i'm used to but I have a little girl now and my priorities have changed. Before this I drove a 2001 mazda protege MP3, only 1500 of these models were made. Its actually still in the shop right now getting the motor fully built after i blew a hole in my block a coupe months back. Would love to keep it but like i said, priorities change. I took my cruze to the shop on friday due to my CEL coming on and getting a P0299 i think for underboosting. Dealership is replacing the turbo right now so i'm rockin around in a 2013 equinox. My cruze is an LT 1.4 turbo with only 27k miles on it. 6 speed auto tranny. I would like just to do a few visual mods to it to make it look a little more my style. Plans are: black housing headlights, 8 or 10k HID's, LED driving lights, 18 inch wheels (limited on selection i found out) and possibly lowering springs as long as it doesnt affect my ride quality much. Here are some pics of the Cruze and a couple of the protege just for fun. I love my Cruze's interior by the way, I havent seen another one like it at any of the chevy dealerships close by so if anyone can tell me more about it, that would be great.

Here is the Slotege

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. Yeah I haven't seen any other 2 tone interiors with the red and that's really what sold it to me as well. I'm bummed that is already in the shop but I'm glad it's under warranty. I guess our water pumps tend to go out as well is what the chevy mechanic was saying

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys. Yeah I haven't seen any other 2 tone interiors with the red and that's really what sold it to me as well. I'm bummed that is already in the shop but I'm glad it's under warranty. I guess our water pumps tend to go out as well is what the chevy mechanic was saying
Yea early models have had problems with the water pumps.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Very nice and congratulations on your new Cruze! Welcome to the forums!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new Cruze! It look awesome! If you ever have any Cruze questions, need assistance with locating a dealer or anything like that please feel free to send me a private message and I will assist you.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So my CEL is now off thanks to chevy replacing the factory turbo. In the past 10 days or so I have done a couple little things to it just to make her look a little better (to me) Here are a couple pics
Window Tint

HID's and LED's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts