Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Just traded in my 2006 Silverado turbo diesel for a 2012 Cruze 1.4T. Sad, but needed more money for the 'race car' and life in general. :grin:

So far I am enjoying it, but I plan on some upgrades since I'm used to more turbo noise from the diesel and the Supras. :wub:

Looking forward to seeing what things I can learn on this site and making some new friends. Check out my garage for details on the Supra (one of two, haven't posted the other one yet). Here's some pictures!

IMG_20150427_192638.jpg landon_supra1.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And this was the diesel... I don't know if I should clap for more Supra parts, or cry because I miss that **** truck already... :cussing:
10501838_10204495381448027_1628150653148742125_n.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Priority Chevrolet. I believe a younger guy owned it prior, because the bowtie emblems were plastidipped (yuck) grey, and there was a Gangnam style CD in the dash. It's got 85K miles on it, but it's in great condition, got some nice warranties with it.

·
Registered
625 Posts
LMFAO that's my brother cruze he traded in lol. The bowties were actually silver vinyl not dip (dip is not yuck btw) and my nephew liked that cd. Small world. Just got a new trans under Warranty aswell. Did they fix the front bumper before you bought it? Was cracked from a traffic cone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seemed like plastidip, but now that you mention - it did have some adhesive on the back. And of course plastidip is yuck, no-where near as good or long lasting as proper painting. But I'm the do it once, do it right type. :) Plan on blacking out a bunch of bits (tastefully). Not sure if I will bother with different rims. Maybe if I find a good deal on a set. Definitely want to research changing the stock head unit for maybe a 7" DVD/Nav double-din unit.

Trans feels good, hopefully it will last. Front bumper looks fine. The car was in pretty close to immaculate condition minus some minor paint issues which I plan on fixing. Thinking of tuning and full turboback and some coilovers. I know it isn't a sporty car, but my daily needs a tiny bit more kick than what she has right now and the Stage 0 tunes I keep hearing about should put me right where I want it. Kind of hard stepping down from 650ft-lbs. :(

I will make sure it's treated properly and given a glorious and hard driven life. lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not that I can tell. You mean the little spoiler thing? It's silver. They returned it to as stock as possible for re-sale I'm sure

·
Administrator
25,038 Posts
Priority Chevrolet. I believe a younger guy owned it prior, because the bowtie emblems were plastidipped (yuck) grey, and there was a Gangnam style CD in the dash. It's got 85K miles on it, but it's in great condition, got some nice warranties with it.
LMFAO that's my brother cruze he traded in lol. The bowties were actually silver vinyl not dip (dip is not yuck btw) and my nephew liked that cd. Small world. Just got a new trans under Warranty aswell. Did they fix the front bumper before you bought it? Was cracked from a traffic cone.
Small world.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like the rear diffuser is still black cruzinred92. I'm going to hit some of the front bits with some black paint, they're a bit rock chipped, and the bumper does still have the crack (just noticed it). I wasn't concerned with small imperfections when I got it. Checked today and they put my diesel Silverado up for sale already, $24K! LMAO That's $5k higher than the highest NADA value at 195k miles. Buddy of mine went to check it and told the sales guy to effectively jump off a cliff when he heard the price mark up.

Keep looking at parts for the Cruze, but then I remind myself of the minor things the Supras need to be on the road again. :(

And thank you all for the welcome!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, so to do list on things I have found in my car.

- Figure out why one of these ballasts is labeled "Bad Ignitor" (yet is brighter than the other side) and re-mount them to some brackets as one is free in the engine bay
- See if the lights can be 'aimed' because right now it's off
- A) change to a true projector or B) Custom modify for a projector inside the stock housing, because the light scatter makes me cringe. It's TERRIBLE.
- Read up on audio mods for this car (considering making or buying a sub box for a little more kick, has a good set of speakers currently), maybe even swap for a stock navi system if possible
- Check plugs to see how they're doing, not sure I'm getting the most out of them
- Change trans fluid to something other than the GM stuff, definitely something with good synchromesh to prolong this trans' life
- Fix the front bumper crack (minor and not high on this list)
- Fix paint imperfections, clay bar, and give it a proper waxing (and fix the nasty white junk I'm assuming the dealer detailer got on the black trim pieces which has stained them now)
- Remove the plastidip (assuming that's what it is) on the front bumper, because I can't stand the rock chip salt and pepper look it has and it's peeling (a good reason why paint or vinyl should be used on bumpers instead)
- Black out emblems and other chrome pieces, considering the ones inside the car as well
- Stainless downpipe/midpipe (maybe, not sure. still reading up on it all)
- K&N Intake setup
- Tuner? Seriously considering it, as the lack of midrange makes me impatient. Have to keep reminding myself why I got the car (economy, spend on the supra lol)
- Possibly some forged pistons and other go fast bits (injectors, turbo, fuel pump, retune) once I go beyond the factory warranty (which WILL happen before a year is up, I drive way too much)
- Look into coilovers or other suspension changes, although she corners nicely as is (comparing to my truck and blown shocks on one of the supras)
- Add wideband and boost gauges to keep track of what exactly is going on. Modding a turbo car without a wideband makes me skittish

I do like it more as I drive it. It's a good little car, and I don't regret my decision. Just needs a bit more bad-ass. :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts