Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Cruz LT with 62k on it. I bought it 2 and a half years ago and didn't have any problems up until about 6 months ago. After driving around town one night my car seemed to be ideling very rough and by the time I got home it was so rough that my car was shaking back and forth and you could see my lights go up and down in the distance. Then the check engine light came on. After doing research we found it was a common concern with the PCV valve. We replaced the PCV valve and my car was running perfectly fine again!

About 4 months after this, I noticed a jolting almost shrugging feeling as I was driving. It usually only happened when I was driving on the hwy and speed up. As my car down shifted it would stutter and then catch itself and start to speed up as I intended it to do. It seemed that I was the only one that thought there was an issue since everyone that would ride in the car with me didn't feel this.

I took my car on trip that was in total 6 hours of driving. This is when it started to get really bad. As I would speed up and sometimes even let off the gas to slow down my car gave 2-4 jolts/ shrugging/ stuttering feeling as it down shifts. A little worried at this point. On the way back from my trip I had someone else drive it, he noticed it as well. He tested this by driving under 30 Mph then speed up. The stuttering was very intense making him feel he needed to let off the gas so that car wouldn't brake all together!

After that the check engine light and stabilitrack light came on. After we turned the car off and then back on the lights went away. Ended up driving my car back at this point 4 hours left in my drive with the traction control and stabilitrack off. This seemed to help and I cruised the whole way home at about 75Mph. The only issue I had was the Inisial faint stutter I had mentioned before. No lights came on the dash after I got home.

I have read multiple posts where people say the same issues but it's always companied by their radios and A/C going out as well. Also, mentioning they have lost all power (brakes and gas) which I have not yet experienced.

Has anyone had this same issue? I have yet to take it to Chevy as this is a recent occurrence and have not had a chance but I am worried it will get worse!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I suspect you still have a vacuum leak. This shudder is exactly what I had - symptoms were the same. CEL came on and then after I restarted the engine the CEL went off. Two weeks later it came back on and I had to have my PCV valve/camshaft cover. It really does feel like the car is trying to shake itself apart when this happens.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts