Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife's 2012 Cruze LS is about to hit 100,000km and im just wondering what sort of maintenance should be done to it? Always had regular oil changes and undercoat topped up and checked every year. I know the brakes need to be serviced (they feel fine but still need to be serviced), but im just wondering what else should be done at this mile stone?

Thanks

·
2,170 Posts
So my wife's 2012 Cruze LS is about to hit 100,000km and im just wondering what sort of maintenance should be done to it? Always had regular oil changes and undercoat topped up and checked every year. I know the brakes need to be serviced (they feel fine but still need to be serviced), but im just wondering what else should be done at this mile stone?

Thanks
You'll want to give it a general tune up if it's never had one. Replace all fluids: anti-freeze, brake fluid, oil if it hasn't been done recently. New properly gapped spark plugs may be in order, a new air filter, and if you really feel frisky, flush and replace the transmission fluid. Make sure the tires have good tread depth. A new cabin air filter might be nice too.

Give it a good once over, clean the exterior, the interior, and gently wipe the engine bay down with a damp rag. It's pretty amazing the things you find by cleaning the car, you end up giving it a thorough visual inspection in the process. Check your owners manual for other recommended actions, there's a neat little chart somewhere in there.

However many of these things can wait until later, 100km is only 62K miles, and the stuff I described is really more for a 100K mile (161K kilometers) overhaul.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the chart and the reply dude, i really appreciate it. It never dawned on me to open up the owners manual and look to see what maintenance it calls for.... my bad :(

We do a good job at keeping the exterior and interior in good condition (as best we can interior anyways, we have kids). This weekend or the weekend after im gonna do a good cleaning under the hood. The brakes will be done in the following week or two as well. I'll leave some of the bigger options for later, like rad fluid and transmission fluid. I always clean out the cabin filter and engine filter as well, maybe they should be replaced anyways.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.