Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2012 chevy cruze lt1 auto w about 55,000 miiles on it. when i first purchased the car i connected my cell phone (iphone 4) to the bluetooth for calls etc... Last summer i had a line out converter installed so i could upgrade and amplify my interior speakers. everything works fine, but my bluetooth stopped working after the install. I still get xm radio, but the onstar and bluetooth do not seem to work anymore... I have taken apart my dash several times while installing my system, but i never cut any harness wires. The audio tech cut the speaker wires from the back of the radio harness and connected them into my new line out converter. Now my question is this, assuming they only cut and rerouted my speaker wires to my loc would that cause my bluetooth to stop functioning? i am going to take the radio out tomorrow to look at what wires were cut etc... Any additional info about the bluetooth system in our cars would really help me figure out what i need to look for or what needs to be done to fix this issue. this is not a huge issue, but i have some time this summer to fix all the little things on my cruze and i need a little help. i have uploaded the loc used for my sound system. it is located directly to the left of the bluetooth module in the center console under the radio and temp controls
. FullSizeRender.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking too... Looks like I'll be taking lots of pictures tomorrow. Hopefully it's an easy fix as I want to do the camaro Bluetooth swap but I need to make sure Bluetooth will work...

·
Administrator
25,082 Posts
Bluetooth calling and OnStar both use the OnStar module in the dash. They disconnected this module - installer error.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, even I screw up, connectors use to be one piece, but now using housings, a super tiny tab holds those terminals in and when you push the connector in, that tab can bend so not making full contact. Was playing with my Supra to add another connector to kill my thief deterrent. Didn't use a pair of fine nose pliers to make sure all the terminals were seated.

Right window goes down from the master, but not from the right door. This could also be your problem, besides the wrong wire being cut.

On my 04 Cavalier that begged for an upgrade with a shop manual just as confusing as the Cruze, elected to take the signals directly off the speaker terminal, route those to an external amp, then back again. Was even a shorter route then playing at the rear of the radio.

Only problem I had with my Cruze bluetooth was the constant switching of phones, ha, overloaded the capacity, had to read the owners manual how to delete all those old phones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts