Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I recently discovered I have been living under a rock so I should get in touch with the Cruze community! I have been having some frustrating problems with my Cruze this past week.

My car was getting very high temp and the display notified me of "A/C Off Due to High Temp" and "Reduced Engine power." I discovered I had a coolant leak and a water pump failure. I then found out online there were many others like myself who had this problem and GM offered an extended warranty to fix this. Since I am currently in the middle of Minnesota winter I called up the local dealer.

The representative was very nice and scheduled me in that Friday. I told her about the water pump and agreed to an oil change/tire rotation as well. She then informed me of 2 recalls (Producy emission and brake vacuum mico switch) that my car needed! I bought the car new in 2012 and am amazed i never heard of this.

So I take off work early and catch a ride from a friend so i can have my car towed to the dealership. They told me they were too busy and would not be able to look at my car that day. I was very confused in why they would have an open appointment then. They also refused to give me a loaner car. The technicians I spoke with told me an appointment has nothing to do with their ability to look at the car that day. The manager later said the phone representative only had them slotted for fixing the two recalls (which i didn't even know about) and nothing else. He said the phone rep would not have made an appointment for the other repairs . I told him she knew of the repairs needed to look up the recorded phone conversation. They also said they were going to be very busy the next day and may not get to it. I told him that i was understanding of his time constraints but I should.not be punished for it and be left without a vehicle for a holiday weekend because of recalled parts/extended warrenty part. I asked if I could fill out a survery or have his boss's contact information and he denied me!

I am very disappointed i went through great lengths to get to an appointment for recalled parts only to be shot down with no service and no free rental car to hold me over. These are GM manufacturing faults that were not caused by me!

Any thoughts if this is standard pratice?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I have a feeling that the person you talked to was really a specialized answering service. They're not part of the dealership, but they answer the phones and can enter things in the computer. But the fact they're not really part of the dealership can lead to the classic "left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" syndrome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what came to my mind as well. But I suppose that service saves them money! Not having to give me a loaner vehicle for a recall probably did as well.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
With past experience at dealers, the recalls being the only scheduled thing makes sense because they KNOW you need those, any other issue you may have is usually only "noted" and they "look into it" when you get there. Just because you (the owner) KNOW what the issue is, doesn't mean that's the issue (to them) so they don't schedule ahead for it.

Typically, when calling a dealer and asking for service you get connected directly to service advisors that work at the literal physical counter you'd be pulling up to, if that was not the case then I'm not sure who you spoke with.

If I were you I would try another dealer, no matter how inconvenient, because it doesn't seem like this dealer has great customer service and will likely burn you more in the near future.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I had the same problem with my hyundai. Made 2 appoints at 2 dealers with arrangements for a loaner car so they could keep the car for the week to fix the posi traction. Both times got told they're a month out on warranty work and no loaner cars were available. Add to that the 180 degree stock thermostat for lousy heat. It got traded for my cruze.

From start to finish. Hyundai has been my only crap for customer service. The salesman was the only good guy. Even the finance guy had an attitude.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys weren't kidding.

Walked in to pay for services (leak on the coolant line as well). They said it was running great and ready. I paid them. Guy said he would go grab my car.

Instead he walked back with the mechanic and they explained the car started having white smoke coming out the exhaust.suspected a blown head gasket. Said they wouldny be able to diagnose further intul tuesday.

Wow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone,

I recently discovered I have been living under a rock so I should get in touch with the Cruze community! I have been having some frustrating problems with my Cruze this past week.

My car was getting very high temp and the display notified me of "A/C Off Due to High Temp" and "Reduced Engine power." I discovered I had a coolant leak and a water pump failure. I then found out online there were many others like myself who had this problem and GM offered an extended warranty to fix this. Since I am currently in the middle of Minnesota winter I called up the local dealer.

The representative was very nice and scheduled me in that Friday. I told her about the water pump and agreed to an oil change/tire rotation as well. She then informed me of 2 recalls (Producy emission and brake vacuum mico switch) that my car needed! I bought the car new in 2012 and am amazed i never heard of this.

So I take off work early and catch a ride from a friend so i can have my car towed to the dealership. They told me they were too busy and would not be able to look at my car that day. I was very confused in why they would have an open appointment then. They also refused to give me a loaner car. The technicians I spoke with told me an appointment has nothing to do with their ability to look at the car that day. The manager later said the phone representative only had them slotted for fixing the two recalls (which i didn't even know about) and nothing else. He said the phone rep would not have made an appointment for the other repairs . I told him she knew of the repairs needed to look up the recorded phone conversation. They also said they were going to be very busy the next day and may not get to it. I told him that i was understanding of his time constraints but I should.not be punished for it and be left without a vehicle for a holiday weekend because of recalled parts/extended warrenty part. I asked if I could fill out a survery or have his boss's contact information and he denied me!

I am very disappointed i went through great lengths to get to an appointment for recalled parts only to be shot down with no service and no free rental car to hold me over. These are GM manufacturing faults that were not caused by me!

Any thoughts if this is standard pratice?
Service garages charge what they want prices vary. My daughters 2011 Cruze has 147k and needs a water pump. That’ll be #6. Also replaced temp sensor housing and reservoir. Chevy Cruze piece of junk

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,099 Posts
Service garages charge what they want prices vary. My daughters 2011 Cruze has 147k and needs a water pump. That’ll be #6. Also replaced temp sensor housing and reservoir. Chevy Cruze piece of junk
Welcome Aboard!(y)

If you spend some time on this forum and properly fix a few items and then maintain it, you may well change your mind.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts