Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2012 Cruze order guide is online

20K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  gman19 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Some deletions (rear center headrest) may be called "GM cheapening the car" and other additions are what people have been asking for (manual transmissions on LT1 and LT2, better highway fuel economy on auto trans models by 2 mpg, cheaper touchscreen NAV option).

Model Information - Online Ordering Guide#

#2 ·
Wow...I'm sitting on the fence not knowing if I'll get a 2011 or 2012 model. I ordered the Imperial Blue Metallic.....but it's not available in 2012! Jeeez!

#3 · (Edited)
RPO: K34 - Cruise Control now STD on Eco! Question is on which model: M6 or A6 or both?

...also, now STD on all models: Driver Information Center with trip odometer, fuel range, average fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy, average vehicle speed, tire pressure and oil life remaining

#19 ·
What are the odds that dealer could flash computer on 2011 LTZ so DIC would show instantaneous fuel economy? That is one thing I really miss from the CTS I traded for the Cruze.

#10 ·
Annoyed that I paid for the connectivity package when its becoming standard next year. :mad:
I'm not sure what the cost of the 2012 will be but I'm sure it will include these cost now that they are "Standard". I do wish the 2011 had push-to-start and the "low cost touch screen nav".

#6 ·
...sounds like "early-bird buyers remorse" to me (wink,wink)!

...FWIW, I, too, wanted an Eco M6 with leather, but had to settle for an LTZ A6.

#8 ·
...and, it's sad that after two years, GM still don't know what the curb weights are for the different Cruze models (except 1LT = 3102 lbs)?!?!

#12 · (Edited)
Victory Red In Place of Crystal Red For 2LT RS?

Thanks bigbee60 for finding and posting the link on the 2012 order information.

Question, please:

Probably getting a 2012 2LT with the RS package. In the color spec chart for the LT models, it lists Crystal Red Tintcoast as being available (extra cost). However, in the separate page which listed change for 2012 model year, it list one change as: "(GCN) Victory Red exterior color (RS model only)."

Does anyone know whether when one gets a 2012, 2LT with the RS package that the only red available is Victory Red, or does one who wants a red car get a choice between the Crystal Red Tintcoat and the Victory Red?

Thanks in advance!

#15 ·
Does anyone know whether when one gets a 2012, 2LT with the RS package that the only red available is Victory Red, or does one who wants a red car get a choice between the Crystal Red Tintcoat and the Victory Red?
All this means is that Victory Red (GCN) is only available at this point if you also order the RS package (PDZ).

So in the Chevrolet Build Your Own configurator it will pop up a box saying you must add the RS Package if you choose the Victory Red color.

#14 ·
2012 Chevrolet Color chart (Including Cruze)

Here's all available colors for the 2012 Chevys. At least nine of them will be available on the Cruze (though not every color on every model). The nine that I currently know for the Cruze of are: Summit White, Gold Mist Metallic, Silver Ice Metallic, Black Granite Metallic, Autumn Metallic (a new color, dark brown), Ice Blue Metallic, Black Granite Metallic, Taupe Gray Metallic and Blue Topaz Metallic (new). Anyone know of other 2012 Cruze colors?

[PIC] 2012 Corvette Color Chart! - Corvette Forum

#18 ·
Challenges With Orderingr A Car From "Color Chip"

Pictures, printed color chips, TV adds and the like sometimes are spot on with how a color actually looks on a car in real life. Often they are not. I always cruise (bad pun) dealerships to see the actual colors on that model year's car before I order/buy. I also look at the car I want to order in both sunlight and on cloudy/rainy days (if possible). Never been disappointed when my car arrived...

#22 ·
Well the color choices for 2012 Cruze already are outdated from this original posting...

Imperial Blue Metallic....out for 2012.
Topaz Blue Metallic....in for 2012....then out.
Granite Blue Metallic in for 2012.

Granite Blue Metallic.....too Light/pale for me.

Changed my order yesterday evening to Crystal Red Tintcoat.

Still no mention of the Autumn Metallic for my LTZ/RS, so whether it is not available or just not available on my trim line, I can't say.

But....new order placed on May 9th. Should have her early August....:D

#23 ·
So, from the looks of it, the 1LT is now standard with a stick?

This is really pretty great as I wasn't the biggest fan of the eco.

Also, what's with dropping the 8way seat and switching to a 6, I think that's kind of silly and while it was probably a good cost savings move it's kind of lame.

#24 ·
the 2012 cruzes are now on chevrolet.com to configure.. now you can get nav,power seats and pioneer in eco...sighhhhhh I wonder if I could buy the new touch screen nav and install in my 2011. May be helping my father buy a cruze soon.

So far I have an eco, brother has 2lt, sister in law has LS, coworker has 2LT and soon father ??

#26 ·
Don't think so:question:!

I ran across this picture when I googled "Cruze SS" several months ago....

That is a nasty Cruze though!

#31 ·
I'm sure by 2112 cars will be running on apple juice or something and getting 700 MPG...lol:)

I've been wondering too...the 6AT gearing got changed somewhat and bumped them up by 2mpg across the board. Haven't heard much on the 6MT's though.:uhh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.