Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

This is my first post on this site. I have a leak in the connector that goes from the thermostat housing to the coolant reservoir overflow
hose. I removed the retaining clip and did not see any kind of o ring. Is there an o ring inside the thermostat housing?

Thanks,

dmiller

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Yes, there is.

I just replaced that hose and water outlet (the thermostat is attached to the water pump on the other side of the engine) last week. There may be a crack in the outlet that's causing that leak. You do want to change the outlet and hose at the same time, my old hose broke at the o-ring when I tried to remove it, I had to dig the o-ring and plastic end out with a small screwdriver.

Here's the link to the how-to for replacing both, it's actually pretty easy to DIY, but follow the directions closely.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/129-...011-2016-cruze-1-4l-coolant-water-outlet.html

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Here's a picture of the water outlet:

The overflow hose goes into the connector at the bottom. Check in there to see if the rest of your hose connector and o-ring are still in there. Here's a picture of the overflow hose, the o-ring is at the top. If that's the case, you need the whole hose, P/N 13251447.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
weimerrj,
I could not find the parts at my local auto parts stores. I made a repair instead. I had the exact same problem. I dug the broken piece out of the adapter that fits in the housing and used a piece of fuel line I had on hand. It fit very snugly so I used some clear JB weld epoxy to glued it in and let it cure. After reinstalling the hose I ran the engine up to normal temp then took it for a ride. Here is a pic of the repair. Thanks for your help.
dmiller IMG_0566.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts