Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a used 2012 Cruze September 2014. August 2015 it started giving me issues, oil leak, slow acceleration, smoking, oil pressure lights, check engine light, seemed like everything went wrong within a week. I took it to a shop and they narrowed the issue down to an issue with the Turbo. It cost be 1600$ to fix, so i fixed it. The car's warranty expired about 600 miles prior to the breakdown, so it was out of pocket. Fast forward to a week ago, all of the above issues started back up again. I took the car in to a Chevy dealer and today he called me and told me that the car is not worth the money that I would need to put into it to get it fix. He is saying that the turbo may have been used or was not replaced, and those issues alone with run me over 2000$ and that would not fix the check engine or hard running. I need advice, by the way I still have a note on this car. What do I do? I loved my cruze.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Depending on where you are most dealers should offer warranty on parts, sometimes up to 1 year depending on new or reman. parts? Especially if it's only been 3 months and they were last to tamper with it. Could be something they did? Check the invoice for exactly what was done and warranty info should be on there somewhere too.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I believe on that year car, if the turbo goes, the oil line is supposed to be replaced too - with a updated one that has insulation. Or, at the very least tested for good flow. Otherwise the new turbo will die of oil starvation.

I'm curious as to what else he found, since a bad turbo would certainly cause a number of those issues. The one most concerning is the oil pressure light. If not a faulty sensor, it could spell bad news for the engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same issue with my 2014 cruze dealer told me I needed a new engine at a cost of$8000.00 they offered me $200.00 trade in I fixed it for under $800.00 car is running fine .Thanks to Austin at etch 2 performance in Elnora Indiana.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.