Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Cruze LT and the only way I can open the trunk now is with the push button on the key-lock-starter remote switch. The button above the license plate doesn't work anymore. Has anybody had to replace this switch and how do I get to it?

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,312 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
It’s a common issue with the Cruze. Trunk doesn’t seal right and moisture gets inside and corrodes the trunk switch. Have to replace the trunk switch assembly.

Mine is currently bad but I can’t see any reason to spend that kinda money on a switch when my keyfob works just fine.

·
Registered
254 Posts
If you're looking for a OE GM part and get sticker shock from the whole harness, you can order GM #13422268 which is just the switch and you solder it into your current harness.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Nice. So gm picks and chooses the parts you can fix or replace.
I think this is usually due to out-sourcing. The piece comes to GM from the sub-con as part of a larger assembly. When the piece goes bad, the dealer only has access to the entire assembly.

That said, I believe in some cases that, when a part starts getting lots of attention (due to high replacement rates) the part gets sourced and put into the channel as a standalone item.

Doug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts