Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it does!!! Really? Cause I was starting to worry, I only bought the car 4 months ago and still have 3 years left of payments and was hoping it wasn't anything..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Does your CRUZE somewhat sound like a Typewriter, mine does. That's the TURBO power!
Lol, No... it's the lifters and likely the loud-AF evap purge solenoid. Love the enthusiasm though. :)

As long as it goes away (or at least lessens) after it warms up a bit you are good. Some cars just have a noisy valve train. Now that you know what that is, you will know almost immediately what rod knock sounds like. It's like getting a bluescreen of death. You don't know what caused it, but you know it sucks. haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lol, No... it's the lifters and likely the loud-AF evap purge solenoid. Love the enthusiasm though. :)

As long as it goes away (or at least lessens) after it warms up a bit you are good. Some cars just have a noisy valve train. Now that you know what that is, you will know almost immediately what rod knock sounds like. It's like getting a bluescreen of death. You don't know what caused it, but you know it sucks. haha
My car has ticking from what sounds like both the lifters and evap from what I can hear with a stethoscope. I'm within the 30 days to switch cars at the dealership. The (lifters?) ticking is intermittent to be very loud, start up, middle of driving, any time or not at all that day. I also experience intermittent stumble and hesitation.
If I replace the lifters, valve cover, evap solenoid, keep my spark plugs down and check the PCV system, is this something I can expect to stop?

The dealership took it back and replaced the injectors (excessive noise), temp sensor (leaking) but were unable to experience the other ticks for the 3 weeks they had it lol

·
Registered
17 Posts

I just had my Evap purge solenoid replaced and mine still makes the loud ticking noise. Which I have grown used too. Obviously I am no fountain of knowledge but it has remained the same on my car even with the new Evap purge valve.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My car has ticking from what sounds like both the lifters and evap from what I can hear with a stethoscope. I'm within the 30 days to switch cars at the dealership. The (lifters?) ticking is intermittent to be very loud, start up, middle of driving, any time or not at all that day. I also experience intermittent stumble and hesitation.
If I replace the lifters, valve cover, evap solenoid, keep my spark plugs down and check the PCV system, is this something I can expect to stop?

The dealership took it back and replaced the injectors (excessive noise), temp sensor (leaking) but were unable to experience the other ticks for the 3 weeks they had it lol
Is your oil low? That can make it worse. Give it 1/4 cup of oil and see if it helps. They are just noisy though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts