Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I have been with this car for 3 years. Recently, I found out that my driver side, right, felt hot, at least very warm after driving 20 minutes local. Like today, 80 degree outside, without AC, with the wind fan blow at scale 2, without AC, I could feel the cool air from out side, but my right foot felt very warm. The plastic felt very warm. And if I stick my hand into some empty spaces between right side plastic and some empty space under steering wheel, I could even feel the hot air. Is there anyone, having a 2012 eco manual, has any thing like this? Do I need to take my car to dealer and let them check out the insulation on driver side?

thanks for the help.

Dan

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Pull the kick plate and take a look first. A dealership will charge you an hour's worth of labor to do this. If you don't have insulation there you can purchase automotive grade insulation and layer it in. Make sure you secure the insulation if you do this though so it doesn't move around on you and cause other problems.

The kick plate comes off by pulling gently on the top edge and just working it off.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
The pipes to the heater core are behind the panel next to your right leg. There are a lot of threads about this issue. They get hot and your foot feels hot. Be careful pulling the panel when the car is hot because you can burn your fingers. I put insulation around those pipes. GM should have done that in the factory.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The pipes to the heater core are behind the panel next to your right leg. There are a lot of threads about this issue. They get hot and your foot feels hot. Be careful pulling the panel when the car is hot because you can burn your fingers. I put insulation around those pipes. GM should have done that in the factory.
I thought they did in the later model year Cruzes?

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
The 2012s have insulation around these pipes, but it's taped in place. I'm wondering if OP's insulation has shifted due to tape failure.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
My '14 has a small piece of fiber insulation glued to the inside of the plastic trim panel, but no insulation on the pipes. I added insulation to the pipes because I could still feel the heat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts