Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2012 LT - No Dome Light with Driver Door

10030 Views 22 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  NickD
Hi All,
Apparently I have a bad switch in the driver door. No Dome light,..open door notification or even Key in ignition notification when I open door with key in ignition.
Anybody fix this switch yet ??.... How hard is it to check / replace ???
All other door functions/switches work fine on Driver door. As well as other doors turning on dome light when opened.

Any help is much appreciated. Pics VERY welcomed. :grin:
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
7,547 Posts
I believe the switch is part of the door lock mechanism. At least it seems to be that way for the rear doors. Odd, but with the rear doors people have reported problems of "false open", not "false closed" like you are. Which makes me wonder if the harness isn't shorted. (Or maybe the driver's door works differently.)

· Premium Member
7,547 Posts
**U1534 (K9 Body Control Module) LIN Bus 3 Lost Communication With Device 4 (M74D Window Motor - Driver).**
Uh, what was replaced? The switch itself is just a switch. But it connects to a module. I'm assuming you've replaced just the switch - which does not require reprogramming. But if the module was replaced, that could be a different story.

The code indicates that communication was lost to the module that drives/controls the window motor. That can happen if the mechanic disconnected the module. And guess what - that module is "live" 24/7. If he didn't disconnect the battery first, I'd expect that code to be there. But it should go into history once the module was reconnected.

I'd suggest disconnecting the battery and letting it sit awhile. Then reconnecting it. That should reboot the system. If that doesn't work, have the mechanic double-check that the module is still connected. I'm sure it's easy to accidentally pull a wire while working in the area.

· Premium Member
7,547 Posts
I mentioned the need for programming in post#4.

Why the surprise?
I was under the understanding that the latch is just a pair of dry contacts. I think it connects to the window switch module. Replacing that would be a different deal. So I'm confused on why replacing just the latch/latch switch would require reprogramming. Is it needed to clear the error?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.