Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2012 ltz accident passenger wheel destroyed

851 3
Slid off road and hit curb then bench. Air bags didnt go off. What do you think repairable or is it getting written off
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,234 Posts
From first sight it looks like once you replace the wheel it will be drivable(try putting the spare on and see what it does) and then need to replace the front bumper cover. I know my 2016 Limited has damage on driver side between the bumper and front fender and I replaced the marker light for $30. I wouldn't think that would get written off. I am not going thru insurance and the fender bumper etc. @1500.

·
Registered
699 Posts
That was a decent hit to break a wheel in half. Id have the pass side suspension and engine mounts checked over first. Chances are you hurt the lower control arm or strut mount, not to mention the axle and/or hub.

Bumper cover, marker light, new wheel wont cost much to replace. Heck, thats the easy part.

Reactions: 15cruzediesel

·
Registered
2nd 2012 1.8l mt 147000km
466 Posts
as a fellow ontarin insurance IS going to write it off... yes parts may be simple but labour is going to tip the table.

simple looks, the tire rim and most probably the hub/ wheel bearing. need to be changed... If a CRC report was made insurance might want to look at the car and leverage you insurance.

next bumper, pending where you are. the U-Pull auto yards are going to be your best bet, $50 bucks for a bumper cover, $100 bucks for a hood, $70 for the fender

i also see the head light is pushed down, that may be a bracket too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts