Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving, radio will turn off/on randomly. Turn signal sound will disappear as well.
When car is turned off and locked, I'll hear the radio come on/off on its own. Explains why my battery is dead.

Dealership measured negative battery terminal resistance and said that it was within GM's SPEC with regards to the posted bulletin and therefore this would not be covered under warranty. However, when tech went back to the car, the radio was on. They replaced the negative battery terminal.

Also, replaced battery.

I still have the problem.

Thoughts?
Phil

·
Premium Member
4,925 Posts
Are you writing about the Radio, the negative battery cable 10 year replacement, or not the negative battery terminal? Many of us have had our negative cable replaced, I've also seen my Radio on occasion not turn off when exiting the car. Don't doubt for a minute it can just pop on. For that matter they could have put a bad replacement cable in your Cruze

·
Premium Member
7,900 Posts
Randomly turning on is a new one. Unless something can be identified as sending strange commands on the car's buss (anything plugged into the ODBC port), replacing the radio would be the next logical step. Or maybe replacing the radio's front panel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you writing about the Radio, the negative battery cable 10 year replacement, or not the negative battery terminal? Many of us have had our negative cable replaced, I've also seen my Radio on occasion not turn off when exiting the car. Don't doubt for a minute it can just pop on. For that matter they could have put a bad replacement cable in your Cruze
I'm writing that the symptoms that I am experiencing was the consequence of a poor ground termination. Replacing the negative battery terminal as many have reported does not appear to have changed the behavior.

It's possible that the dealership could have put in a bad replacement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Randomly turning on is a new one. Unless something can be identified as sending strange commands on the car's buss (anything plugged into the ODBC port), replacing the radio would be the next logical step. Or maybe replacing the radio's front panel.
It's strange, however, that I also lose the sound from the turn signal when driving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts