Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am having a problem with my 2012 1.4l turbo at 57k. When accelerating there is a loud ticking that goes faster when accelerating and loss of power occurs as well. Only code that popped up with CEL was P0324 Knock System Error. Dealer said it is an internal engine problem and it needs a new engine entirely with new turbo. I didn't want to jump the gun before I got other opinions on it. Is it really that serious? Can post sound of it if needed after work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try the switch to 91 octane. Oil is ok. Might give that a change too. What do you recommend for oil? I'll check the plugs too. How can I know if it's the evap purge or injectors?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should I try using an injector cleaner? Also is it possible to change the plugs out at autozone? Not trying to pay someone over 100 dollars for a job I could do myself probably

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Check for loose spark plugs.......has happened to several members......similar sound, mimics loose valves.

Rob

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had this happen. Your engine sounds identical. Pull valve cover and tighten the timing chain guide (plastic) bolts. They are loose. Then if that doesn’t clear the CEL, replace knock sensor. My engine is quieter than a mouse now....good luck!

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,932 Posts
Just had this happen. Your engine sounds identical. Pull valve cover and tighten the timing chain guide (plastic) bolts. They are loose. Then if that doesn’t clear the CEL, replace knock sensor. My engine is quieter than a mouse now....good luck!
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts