Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know about when the last 2011 will be rolled off the line and about when the first 2012's will start being built??

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...guessing August time frame.

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...guessing August time frame.

Hope you're right...I have mine on order for Imperial Blue Metallic, which is on the "Deletion List" as far as color goes. My salesman has informed me last week that there is a 50/50 chance my order will not go into production until the 2012 model year. This be the case, I'll have to choose another color. The only other thing new for 2012 that would be nice is the addition of the touch screen nav system....I guess whether 2011 or 2012 is a trade off/wash at this point.:D

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...2011 would be "end-of-model-year" car and might be less costly with dealership eager to get rid of.

...2012 would be "new-model-year" car and carrying an increased price tag and lower availability factor.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Hope you're right...I have mine on order for Imperial Blue Metallic, which is on the "Deletion List" as far as color goes.
According to GM Authority Imperial Blue is one of the three blues for 2012. I cannot believe that all of the new blues are not metallic.

"According to GM Authority sources, the colors — consisting of three blues, a bright red, and an orange metallic — will be named Luxo Blue, Imperial Blue, Evolution Blue, Victory Red, and Orange Metallic. We don’t yet know whether the addition of the three blue colors signifies the demise of the current baby blue (read: Ice Blue Metallic) paint."

Can someone elaborate?

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...because some of the new colors are only available on certain models (for example: Victory Red is only available as part of RS package), it might be that Imperial Blue Metallic is discontinued on the model that he wants but is still (officially) available other models?!?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had read in Wards that the Cruze plant would complete the 2011 model build in the first week of July and then shut for two weeks and resume in the third week of July with 2012 models. I can't find a link on Wards to the story, but I can only see some content on there with our paid work subsrciption, so I'll look tomorrow at work.

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...2011 would be "end-of-model-year" car and might be less costly with dealership eager to get rid of.

...2012 would be "new-model-year" car and carrying an increased price tag and lower availability factor.
I follow ya 'Cuda....but I ordered my car. Since it is not dealer stock, there's nothing for them to get rid of.

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had read in Wards that the Cruze plant would complete the 2011 model build in the first week of July and then shut for two weeks and resume in the third week of July with 2012 models. I can't find a link on Wards to the story, but I can only see some content on there with our paid work subsrciption, so I'll look tomorrow at work.
This sounds more in line with the vibes I'm getting from my salesman....the delay in getting the Imperial Blue Metallic pigments from Japan may throw me out too late for production on my car to begin during the 2011 production run. If there were no paint delays I expect I would be taking delivery of my Cruze in late May/Early June at latest.
My order status is still sitting at "Order Placed".:D

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
My 2012 order status moved today.
I don't know exactly what it means yet, but I am at least out of the 1000's range!

Event Date Event Status
05/09/2011(1102) Order entered via web.
05/09/2011(1100) Order placed at dealership. Order passed GM edit tables but dealer has not received allocation to place order.
06/06/2011(2000) Order accepted by GM. Dealer used allocation to place order into production.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts