Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's coming time to swap out the struts and everything I look at states that I need to change the springs, but there aren't any aftermarket springs (that I found).

Does anyone have the information on the changes to the springs that they made? I read somewhere that they simply re-spec'd to the same springs as on the regular LT/LS, if that's the case then I would try to get them cheaper from parts-direct.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Do you desire lower? Firmer? Both? If both eibach, h&r, and d2 make springs for your car.
Just want to keep it stock and replace the worn struts.
Oh. Just a strut replacement?

Go to auto anything website and check out options from bilstein. They'll have an HD a touring and a sport option. unless your looking to upgrade, the touring is a hair off stock. Then HD for a slight upgrade and the sport works best with upgrade springs.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh. Just a strut replacement?

Go to auto anything website and check out options from bilstein. They'll have an HD a touring and a sport option. unless your looking to upgrade, the touring is a hair off stock. Then HD for a slight upgrade and the sport works best with upgrade springs.
So, the issue is: GM upgraded the strut design, and in order to replace the struts on the early models you need to replace the springs - I'm looking for the info on the upgraded springs.

all the listings for the struts have this: For Veh Built On or Prior To VIN C7239134 Must Replace both Left & Right Springs/Struts - my VIN is C71 ....

·
Registered
481 Posts
Okay. So not knowing your exact model, GM parts direct. They should have your actual struts so you don't need springs. Or you can find your springs. Don't know if you have the "sport suspension" so that could alter your spring choice because the height is altered slightly on the ltz and "some" lt2 optioned cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts