Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's coming time to swap out the struts and everything I look at states that I need to change the springs, but there aren't any aftermarket springs (that I found).

Does anyone have the information on the changes to the springs that they made? I read somewhere that they simply re-spec'd to the same springs as on the regular LT/LS, if that's the case then I would try to get them cheaper from parts-direct.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh. Just a strut replacement?

Go to auto anything website and check out options from bilstein. They'll have an HD a touring and a sport option. unless your looking to upgrade, the touring is a hair off stock. Then HD for a slight upgrade and the sport works best with upgrade springs.
So, the issue is: GM upgraded the strut design, and in order to replace the struts on the early models you need to replace the springs - I'm looking for the info on the upgraded springs.

all the listings for the struts have this: For Veh Built On or Prior To VIN C7239134 Must Replace both Left & Right Springs/Struts - my VIN is C71 ....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.