Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try to be as short as possible with my issues, so bear with me. A few weeks ago, while cruising down the interstate, my car goes into "limp mode" and I get the Reduction in Engine Power, Service Traction Control, and Service Stabilitrak warning lights on my HUD. I manage to get off the road and shut it down for a few minutes, which seemed to fix the problem. It started up fine, but then once I hit about 30 mph, it did the same thing. I got it into an AutoZone where they read off some codes that indicated a bad turbo or maybe an accelerator sensor had gone bad. I then took it in to the local Chevy dealership to have them look into the problem. I received a phone call a couple of days later saying that the turbo temp sensor had gone bad and that it needed replaced - $200 including labor. Not all bad, I thought. But then another day later and the service mgr. calls me saying that they took my Cruze out for a QC process and it turned out that the sensor wasn't actually the problem. There was a buildup of pressure in the crank case and they were going to try to either run some fluids through it to loosen up some rings (forgive me for my lack of appropriate auto terminology, I'm learning), or eventually have to replace a couple of the pistons. So finally, after 2+ weeks of driving around the loaner (a Chevy Trax - a mini SUV looking thing), I get a call back saying that they had to replace all four pistons and that there was a leaky water pump but that it was all covered under the powertrain warranty - $0.00 cost to me! The service mgr said this was the first time they've ever had to do a project like this and that's why it took them so long, so I can't hardly fault them for it. He couldn't give me any exact reason as to why it happened or what specifically cause it, so I'm a little curious to see if any of you intelligent Cruze owners might know what the problem might've been or if you think I should be on the lookout for any future complications that may arise as a result of the work done? I've attached my bill so that you can see what codes were being thrown and what they actually did to my car.

[Dealership Receipt](http://i.imgur.com/rlGaElD.jpg)

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
My 2011 eco with 55k just got all new pistons,bearings,head,turbo.(under warranty)
Mine was because of the early bad batch of 2011 pistons not sure why your 13' ate itself.
I was a bit worried about the motor being apart that much, but it runs perfect again..
I hope yours is the same...

·
Administrator
25,087 Posts
Wow - I see they also replaced a leaky water pump at the same time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts