Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Basically happened once before I was driven n sport mode, did a first to second pull, went around a turn in second just feathering the throttle then boom trans shifted down, service power steering, service TC, warning lights, and even gauges went dead. I went home and shut it off, tried starting to see if that worked and NOTHING. Lights on dash and warnings for service come up vut I turn the key and Notta! Its at the dealer but wont get touched til monday. Ive read about a bad negative clamp but some people say different. I have a video of it this last time it did it to me, simular to the first but I was in D and it stayed in like 3rd 4th gear even at a stop and going from park to drive. Then turned it off and wont start.

UPDATE/EDIT: VIDEO HERE https://youtu.be/_wJm6JUmjio

The Rpms jumping is from my rolling the window up and down to change the electrical current, I was steady on the throttle the whole time.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Basically happened once before I was driven n sport mode, did a first to second pull, went around a turn in second just feathering the throttle then boom trans shifted down, service power steering, service TC, warning lights, and even gauges went dead. I went home and shut it off, tried starting to see if that worked and NOTHING. Lights on dash and warnings for service come up vut I turn the key and Notta! Its at the dealer but wont get touched til monday. Ive read about a bad negative clamp but some people say different. I have a video of it this last time it did it to me, simular to the first but I was in D and it stayed in like 3rd 4th gear even at a stop and going from park to drive. Then turned it off and wont start.
Sounds precisely like the negative battery cable. The dealer should get you fixed right up

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
check the neg battery mine was covered in battery acid and my cars been sitting since August! keep me posted

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
IM waiting for the Video .. guess that video Cool ...

Sup Dawg .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys sorry, video wont post off ny phone so uploading to youtube now. Will have it up within 15-20 mins. Will definitely keep that in mind, and keep you guys updated too. Like I said there should be a TSB check your neg bat cable and if its made in China, I believe its the faulty one and you can have it replaced before it screws you and strands you somewhere!

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts

Edit:
Trying to upload the video, may have to cut the quality.
Hey RedBonez,

Very sorry for this! I'm happy to see that you have your vehicle at the dealership though. Feel free to let me know if you need any additional assistance with this. I look forward to your updates on Monday once the dealership takes a look at the concern a little more! I'm just a private message away if you need me :).

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Edit:
Trying to upload the video, may have to cut the quality.
Hey RedBonez,

Very sorry for this! I'm happy to see that you have your vehicle at the dealership though. Feel free to let me know if you need any additional assistance with this. I look forward to your updates on Monday once the dealership takes a look at the concern a little more! I'm just a private message away if you need me

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
WOW! Thats why I love Chevrolet, always there for you. Thank you so much. I do have a couple questions for you! I will PM you asap!

VIDEO IS UP, TAKE A LOOK!

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'd certainly start with the negative cable. But if it's still acting up, I think I'd look at one of the computer modules.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd certainly start with the negative cable. But if it's still acting up, I think I'd look at one of the computer modules.
This is true, its throwing COM codes all over when I scanned it. Lost com with Ecu, lost com with Trans, etc. All U codes.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
You are there, I am here, but, on the surface, I'm leaning towards a internally shorted battery....enouph current for some lights, all current lost momentarily when any real load is applied.....

We'll see.......
Rob

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are there, I am here, but, on the surface, I'm leaning towards a internally shorted battery....enouph current for some lights, all current lost momentarily when any real load is applied.....

We'll see.......
Rob
Yeah you may be right. Idk if they got an unskilled mechanic on my car but they are STILL trying to find the problem.. they said its throwing COMM codes too so they're testing different noduels to see what the problem is. He said it could be a bad ground too. He also highly doubts it will be done today. No car for going on 4-5 days and they still wont find a loaner for me... im wondering if I should call Dealer Panel and report them for it since everyone else can get a loaner but me... I just dont see how they cant get me one.. oh well. Ill keep the updates coming guys! Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
UPDATE- 4/13/15 6:00PM
My friend who's is the dealer service manager just gave me a ring to tell me-- ***They found the problem!!***

They are ordering a Power Steering Harness because the current one is shorting out and causing all these problems. Now thats as much detail as he gave me. So the harness is ordered and the car should be done tomorrow.
For my fellow cruze family on cruzetalk: I will ask tomorrow when I pick it up the part number, and if it is due to happen on any other cars so you all know what to expect.

I just cant believe that caused all the other problems, but then again electrical can be tricky.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL THE HELP, TIPS, AND JUST BEING HERE FOR ME ON THIS TOPIC!

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
My friend who's is the dealer service manager just gave me a ring to tell me-- ***They found the problem!!***
:jump:

The car has multiple computers and they talk over a couple of computer buses. If something happens to that bus, you better believe it's going to get wacky. So the only question in my mind is what is part of the Power Steering Harness. But if it includes a bus, I'd believe them.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
It is an electronic steering harness and specific control modules that do the mechanical functions today .. Gus_mahn and Robby could elaborate further if need be .

Is this better grammar ?

Reactions: RedBonez and Robby

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Sounds to be 100% electrical, I'm sure the techs at your dealer will solve it no sweat :)

Reactions: RedBonez

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ChevyGuy;1797633 The car has multiple computers and they talk over a couple of computer buses. If something happens to that bus said:
Wow, very knowledgeable! You were right I think, they actually had to make whatever harness or wires in which harness they ordered, because mine is on back order now.. so I got the car back and it seems fine. Just some minor things I feel im picking up on that arent right but when the actual part comes in and is replaced, im sure it will all be back to normal. Thanks a lot bud. :)

It is an electronic steering harness and specific control modules that do the mechanical functions today .. Gus_mahn and Robby could elaborate further if need be .

Is this better grammar ?
Oh I see, everything is electronic now days. I dont like it! I guess much better on the grammar.. lol. Thanks for the help man.

Sounds to be 100% electrical, I'm sure the techs at your dealer will solve it no sweat
Yes sir! As i said to brian v, everything is electronic now days! They made a harness up until mine comes in.
----------------
UPDATE 4/15/15

They made the part (harness?) Themselves since mine was on back order and I didnt find out until late yesterday evening. Thinking I was getting it back, they called to tell me that instead. So at noon today as promised, it was done. They said that they drove it for 30-45 minutes to see if "anything comes up". Its seems to have a few kinks to me but I wont know until they put the real/specific part on it. But I got ny baby back!

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
They canablized another cruzen is how , most likely .. but any way good news !

Reactions: RedBonez
1 - 17 of 17 Posts