Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn the key it makes a long sputtering sound like its out of gas but it has gas and the battery is new, I removed the negative positive wires made sure they are clean and tight. I have gas and I replaced the purge valve.
I recently had the thermostat repaced(4 times) water pump, serpentine belt, radiator hose, resevoir dec. 2019.
Any ideas? My last repair nit even a month ago was 1,200 so Im looking for ideas before I pay to have to pay another person.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Having gas in your tank and having enough fuel pressure are two different things. Check to make sure you have enough fuel pressure at the fuel rail.

Did the car stop starting one day or was there a repair done and then you had starting issues?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In December I had the waterpump, thermostat, radiator hose, reservoir replace.

Two days ago went to start it and it started 1 time then died and now it wont start at all. I turn the key and it spitters for a few seconds then nothing. 1 time it said the stability track and then that light went off and the next time it said roll up amd down driver aide window.

·
Premium Member
7,928 Posts
and the next time it said roll up amd down driver aide window.
That happens when the power goes out to the BCM. Such as when you disconnect the battery. Have you had the battery ground cable replaced?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the batrery tested and they said it had low voltage and needed charged. I had the battery and ground cable replaces last year in May amd the battery bussiness said I dont need a new battery it just needed charged.

So, its charged. I put it back in and it said again roll up and down driver side window and serivie airbag and service abs.

The code it giving is the catalyst system and that is the only code.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Having gas in your tank and having enough fuel pressure are two different things. Check to make sure you have enough fuel pressure at the fuel rail.

Did the car stop starting one day or was there a repair done and then you had starting issues?
I had serpentine belt, water pump, resivor, thermostat hose and the thermostat replaced. I had to replace the thermostat 3 times within 3 months. The thermostats kept breaking. Two weeks later the car wouldnt start. The battery and ground cable is from May 2019. I took the battery in where I bought is and they said it needed charged. They charged it for 24 hours. I put it back in and now its saying random stuff roll up and down driver side window, service airbag, stability track, service abs.

The code is for catalyst sytem. Thats the only code that comes on.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I doubt a catalyst code would prevent starting, but if you have the code post it. You never really got back to me if you had fuel pressure at the rail or not.

Where did you get this battery from? Bad batteries can give starting problems along with DIC messages like service power steering and stabilitrak.

I know you had the battery tested but ive known parts stores to be wrong many times.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I havent checked the fuel pressure. I will tomorrow. I got the battery from battery exchange. I will try a new battery ground cable snd the fuel pressure tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts