Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Chevy cruze.
Roughly 3 weeks ago my rear driver tire got a hole in it and went flat, i changed the tire and put spare on. Next day had tire plugged and put back on.
Ive drove a little over 1k miles this past week(just incase this information is important) A couple days ago "Service tire mointoring system" came on and wont show pressure in the rear driver tire. I dont know if thats a coincidence or not. Tried fixing it by folowing other peoples advice online that had this problem and they said to try and hold reset while on tire pressure and i relearned it but nothing fixed it.
Today I tried starting the car and it just continued to turn over and wouldnt fully run. Showed that power steering fluid was low. A couple minutes later it would crank and run. About an hour after that i tried cranking it again and it said "Service battery charging system" and wouldnt even turn over. About 10 minutes after that i arrived home and turned car off then on to make sure it would run and it said "Service Deterrent Theft Mointoring System"
Could anyone tell me why this might be happening or how i can fix it?

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Could possibility be a dying battery or could be a negative battery cable issue - there is special coverage for this & as your being 2013 I believe you fall under this special coverage as well.

- Special Coverage #14311

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Patience Grasshopper. You only need one thread to get a question answered here.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Check your positive cable, too. Mine had a ton of the white stuff under the cover.

However, this does sound like the ground cable issue.

I had just a little problem - my iPod wouldn't connect, randomly. I replaced the positive cable (eaten away form the acid), battery (AGM was on sale), and then cleaned my negative battery connections at battery and chassis before that went away.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hello Cory41810,

We're sincerely sorry to hear about these recent concerns you're experiencing with your Cruze. Have you taken it to your dealership for a diagnosis yet? If not, we'd be more than happy to assist you in setting up an appointment. If interested, please send us a private message with your VIN, current mileage, full contact information, and preferred dealership in order to proceed.

Kindly,

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

I have a 2013 Chevy cruze.
Roughly 3 weeks ago my rear driver tire got a hole in it and went flat, i changed the tire and put spare on. Next day had tire plugged and put back on.
Ive drove a little over 1k miles this past week(just incase this information is important) A couple days ago "Service tire mointoring system" came on and wont show pressure in the rear driver tire. I dont know if thats a coincidence or not. Tried fixing it by folowing other peoples advice online that had this problem and they said to try and hold reset while on tire pressure and i relearned it but nothing fixed it.
Today I tried starting the car and it just continued to turn over and wouldnt fully run. Showed that power steering fluid was low. A couple minutes later it would crank and run. About an hour after that i tried cranking it again and it said "Service battery charging system" and wouldnt even turn over. About 10 minutes after that i arrived home and turned car off then on to make sure it would run and it said "Service Deterrent Theft Mointoring System"
Could anyone tell me why this might be happening or how i can fix it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.