Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2013 Chevy cruse about 3-months ago had 53,000 miles on it and the Chevy dealer told me I still had a power-train warranty that was from 2013 thru 2018 that covered anything that was power driven and I ask about the Clutch and it Components The answer was YES but Not the Fluids now 3-months Down The Road here I am at the Chevy dealership ( I'm being told It NOT COVERED ) if I was told this in the fist place I would've Added A Bumper To Bumper Warranty on This Vehicle. I was told this first by the Salesman and then again By The Sales Manager and By The Financial Department So, in the first place the Clutch shouldn't wear out at 60000 to 64000 miles under Normal Driving Conditions if so it should covered on the 5 yr or 100000 mile warranty or General Motors shouldn't be putting Straight-Drives in there Passenger Vehicles

·
Registered
441 Posts
I work at the service department at a Chevy dealer. Unfortunately, Clutches are indeed not covered by ANY warranty on the car. Clutches are considered a wear item, like brake pads. Perhaps the first owner was hard on the clutch and burned it out. 60k is more than enough time to do this (I've heard of people burning up clutches in a thousand miles). The only time you might be able to get a clutch covered under warranty by any manufacture is if another part, like a throw out bearing, caused the failure within the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty. Sorry for your grievances but this could happen to any car of any manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
I work at the service department at a Chevy dealer. Unfortunately, Clutches are indeed not covered by ANY warranty on the car. Clutches are considered a wear item, like brake pads. Perhaps the first owner was hard on the clutch and burned it out. 60k is more than enough time to do this (I've heard of people burning up clutches in a thousand miles). The only time you might be able to get a clutch covered under warranty by any manufacture is if another part, like a throw out bearing, caused the failure within the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty. Sorry for your grievances but this could happen to any car of any manufacturer.
The above is correct but I should add that even if you had purchased a extended warranty the clutch (friction disc, wear item) is still not a covered repair......

Evidently the previous owner thought the clutch pedal was a footrest.......sucks.....the downside of buying second hand.

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts