Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting for my good friend. He bought a new Cruze in 2013, after two years and a few thousand gentle miles the clutch and flywheel blew up, the dealer fixed it but charged him parts (Totally unfair I thought because it was still under warranty) one year and less than 10,000 miles and it's happened again. is this to be expected every ten thousand miles for fine piece of American engineering?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,353 Posts
Should have been covered under powertrain a year ago. Parts/most work done at a Chevy dealer is warrantied for 1 yr/12K. So, I think he has a case there, but I don't know if I'd want to take it back to that dealership either.

GM Performance sells the GMPP clutch/flywheel which should be quite a bit more durable than the stock dual-mass flywheel. Lots of people have had issues with theirs locking up too.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'm posting for my good friend. He bought a new Cruze in 2013, after two years and a few thousand gentle miles the clutch and flywheel blew up, the dealer fixed it but charged him parts (Totally unfair I thought because it was still under warranty)
Something's fishy. I'd think twice or even three times before going back to that dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts