Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2013 Cruze 1.4 eco P0236/0237

18740 Views 11 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  NickD
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and this is my first post/thread. When it comes to cars I know little to nothing, but I am willing to learn. About a month ago I bought a 2013 Chevy Cruze 1.4 Eco with 40k miles on it. Whoever had the car before removed the muffler. The very first thing I did was bring the car to a local shop to have a muffler put back on. I did not have a factory muffler put on.

Soon after that the check engine light came on. So I went to an auto parts store and the codes that came up were P0236; P0237; P2227. Since then the light has been intermittent, off and on. Lately it hasn't shut off. From my research on those codes I feel the problem could lie with either the MAP sensor or the Boost Pressure Sensor. Both of which I know nothing about, let alone where they are located.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me before I go to Ebay and buy these sensors? Heck, I don't even know where they are located! Or could this be a problem beyond the sensors? Like I said, this light came on shortly after the new muffler went on. I wonder if it's related to that somehow?

Thanks!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ChevyGuy, when I was at the shop, the mechanic opened the hood and pointed to some upgrades done on the car. He also mentioned in passing that whoever did that would have had to change something in the "computer model" to get it to work???????

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for all of your responses. Today I went to the mechanic who changed out my muffler and explained to him about the check engine codes. He reminded me that an after market actuator for the waste gate was added and also a turbo down pipe. I will bring the car to him Tuesday and he will check and compare everything. I came here originally because I was hoping it would be as easy as changing out a sensor! But I guess not. I will update this thread after I bring it in. Thanks again. I'm glad to have found an online resource like this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.