Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2013 Cruze 1.4 eco P0236/0237

18677 Views 11 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  NickD
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and this is my first post/thread. When it comes to cars I know little to nothing, but I am willing to learn. About a month ago I bought a 2013 Chevy Cruze 1.4 Eco with 40k miles on it. Whoever had the car before removed the muffler. The very first thing I did was bring the car to a local shop to have a muffler put back on. I did not have a factory muffler put on.

Soon after that the check engine light came on. So I went to an auto parts store and the codes that came up were P0236; P0237; P2227. Since then the light has been intermittent, off and on. Lately it hasn't shut off. From my research on those codes I feel the problem could lie with either the MAP sensor or the Boost Pressure Sensor. Both of which I know nothing about, let alone where they are located.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me before I go to Ebay and buy these sensors? Heck, I don't even know where they are located! Or could this be a problem beyond the sensors? Like I said, this light came on shortly after the new muffler went on. I wonder if it's related to that somehow?

Thanks!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
468 Posts
From my research on those codes I feel the problem could lie with either the MAP sensor or the Boost Pressure Sensor. Both of which I know nothing about, let alone where they are located.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me before I go to Ebay and buy these sensors?
You feel the problem could be with this sensor or that sensor yet don't even know where they are located? I recommend you take it back to that shop for a diagnosis instead of throwing parts at it. You'll save time and money in the long run.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.