Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Glad you're enjoying your Cruze. They do have quite a lot to offer. :)

I have the same car as you - automatic. I try to keep my tires at 50 psi. I normally see a 2 - 3 mpg increase from 87 to 91 and then another 1 - 2 mpg from 91 to 93 depending on the 93ness of whichever 93 octane I get.

You can see my Fuelly log if you want to see how a similar setup to yours is performing from about December to July (I'm not with the car, unfortunately, until the end of next month and the grill covers were not ran over the course of a tank as I made them during warm weather and am saving them for the winter). Most of my miles are highway, but there is usually enough city on each tank to bring the average down.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I experienced this on my last two fill ups. First one was much lower pump calculated than I thought it should be, the DIC was also reading 6mpg high. Next fill up though pump calculated seemed much higher than I thought it should be & the DIC was only 2mpg high.

Seems that first fill up the pump did not kick off at the same point as my normal station & I got extra fuel.
Yep, definitely keep that in mind if you want consistent results. Same station, same pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.