Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just purchased a 2013 Cruze 1LT. I immediately inflated the tires to 44psi. I topped off the tank before coming back with regular (87) - not knowing what the dealer had put in there. I got 38.5 mpg on the drive home according to DIC. Was over 40 mpg until the last hour or so. I had an anxious 5 year old with me - so I wasn't quite as obsessed with my mpg the last part of the drive. I was at 39 mpg on my commute this morning--including some stop and go.

The ride seemed fine to me with 44psi--especially compared to my old ride. I am really curious to see what mpg I get at the higher fuel grade. I know with winter coming, I may run into too many variables to isolate the difference--so interested in what others have seen.

Currently, there is about $.15 difference between each grade. Station closest to my office is at 3.09/3.24/3.41. I would need to see about a 5% increase in fuel economy to justify to midgrade, or 10% for premium. From what I have seen so far browsing the forums, that seems entirely possible, right?

Loving this forum--and loving the Cruze.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to fill up at Shell tomorrow with 93. The station closest to my office is the one with just the $.15 difference from midgrade and it is a very high volume station. I will be able to run the current tank pretty low and fill up in the morning. Sitting in the highway for an hour barely moving did not help my avg fuel economy, but I was able to get a pretty typical drive home yesterday at 40 mpg by the DIC, so I should be able to get a decent comparison in later this week.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Filled up after my drive in. 36.6 mpg calculated for my first full tank. DIC showed 37.4. Not as much of a difference as I thought.

I may be learning how to drive even more efficiently. Despite more heavy traffic, I had my best DIC calculated efficiency at 42.8 this morning before filling up. Very interested in what difference I see from the premium gas.

Reactions: jblackburn

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I did setup the fuelly account--apparently I did not set up my signature correctly to show it on my posts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's yours an auto or manual?
Mine is an automatic. I've been getting great mpg on my commutes-lowest commute after my 2nd fill up is over 40 mpg on the DIC-best is 44 mpg.

Might go for a badge this week. If I only use this for my commutes and use the wife's car for short trips I may have a shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.