Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening,
I have been working on this issue for the last couple of days now. Recently my stock radio has stopped working correctly. Sense it is out of the warranty i decided to go aftermarket. I went and purchased a pioneer AVH-2550NEX, idatalink meastro Rr, GM2 t-harness and of course that wonderful antenna. From looking at my stock radio i did not see a separate stock amplifier. So i am assuming that the stock radio has it built in. After soldering all the gm2 t harness wires to the pioneer harness wires and hooking them all up to the meastro i turned the vehicle on. Now the radio gets power it works great at a user interface. But the sound at full volume is very faint. the blower motor can make it so you can't hear the audio at max. I have looked all over, i Don't see a stock amplifier. I hooked up the remote turn on wire to the radio as well just in the off chance there was a amp i did not see. Anybody have and ideas or suggestions? I am pretty lost at this point. PS, i did program the meastro two times to see if i got better results by enabling and disabling factory amp. Having it enabled causes no audio at all. Whereas disabled i have this faint sound.
Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
7,928 Posts
How many speakers do you have? The normal 6, or the premium package 9?

·
Registered
503 Posts
You have to modify the speaker wires included with the HRN-RR-GM2. By default they are configured for the Pioneer sound systems. Removing the sealed circuit boards as directed in the installation instructions will solve the audio issue.

Incidentally, unless you really need the CD/DVD capability, might I suggest exchanging the AVH-2550NEX for the DMH-C2550NEX? Same features as the AVH, minus the CD/DVD drive and it is the same modular design used in the Cruze so you can keep your factory look.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have to modify the speaker wires included with the HRN-RR-GM2. By default they are configured for the Pioneer sound systems. Removing the sealed circuit boards as directed in the installation instructions will solve the audio issue.

Incidentally, unless you really need the CD/DVD capability, might I suggest exchanging the AVH-2550NEX for the DMH-C2550NEX? Same features as the AVH, minus the CD/DVD drive and it is the same modular design used in the Cruze so you can keep your factory look.
Hmm, I don't see it disclosed in the instructions. When you say modify the Speaker wiring do you mean just on the gm2 harness? Or the the factory harness? Just to ensure i read this right i should remove the clip harness from the speakers on the gm2 harness. The two skinny circuit boards with the wrapped transistors, on the speaker side of the gm2 harness that direct solders into the radio? I will have to look into the DMH-C2550NEX. I did not even realize that the radio i purchased had the cd/dvd drive until i had it installed.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hmm, I don't see it disclosed in the instructions. When you say modify the Speaker wiring do you mean just on the gm2 harness? Or the the factory harness? Just to ensure i read this right i should remove the clip harness from the speakers on the gm2 harness. The two skinny circuit boards with the wrapped transistors, on the speaker side of the gm2 harness that direct solders into the radio? I will have to look into the DMH-C2550NEX. I did not even realize that the radio i purchased had the cd/dvd drive until i had it installed.
InkedScreenshot_2020-01-14 ADS-RR(SR)-GMS02-DS-IG-EN_20191024 pdf_LI.jpg

·
Registered
503 Posts
There aren't 2 different versions of the harness, just one. Same with the installation guide - it covers Cruzes with and without amplifiers. Incidentally, if you would have had the 9 speaker setup your amp would be in the trunk, not the cabin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There aren't 2 different versions of the harness, just one. Same with the installation guide - it covers Cruzes with and without amplifiers. Incidentally, if you would have had the 9 speaker setup your amp would be in the trunk, not the cabin.
Gotcha, I did try that out and it works flawless now. I appreciate it. Thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts