Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, have to correct myself in saying "always hot" is new, even the brake light, one of them on my 30 Olds was always hot, and if the pedal didn't come back by itself full up, it would stay on. By always hot being new, this is like in the last 27 years, and headlamps were always hot, had to remember to switch them off.

Can't use a simple switch anymore, the Cruze:

"Brake Pedal Position Sensor Calibration

Calibration Criteria

Note:
Do not apply the brake pedal during the brake pedal position sensor calibration procedure. Any movement of the brake pedal during this procedure will cause the calibration procedure to fail. If this occurs, the brake pedal position sensor calibration must be repeated.

Brake pedal position sensor calibration must be performed after the brake pedal position sensor or body control module (BCM) have been serviced. The calibration procedure will set the brake pedal position sensor home value. This value is used by the BCM to determine the action of the driver applying the brake system and to provide this information to the vehicle subsystems via serial data.

Calibration Procedure

1. Apply the parking brake.
  2. Place the transmission in the PARK position for automatic transmission or NEUTRAL position for manual transmission.
  3. Install a scan tool.
  4. Clear all BCM DTCs before proceeding.
  5. Navigate to the Configuration/Reset Functions menu of the BCM.
  6. Select the Brake Pedal Position Sensor Learn procedure and follow the directions displayed on the screen."

Text White Line art Line Font

Brake lights this spring on my Chevy P-30 motohome chassis stayed on, simple switch, but the brake pedal was not coming up. With the brake pedal high up in the cab and that master cylinder mounted on the frame, you can only imagine the long line the linkage is. Had to clean and lubricate all of it and its only 35 years old.

Several vehicles used a brake pressure switch, fluid would leak out when replacing it, thanks Chevy for not using this with ABS, need a scanner to properly bleed the brakes. Ha, just saying it can be worse.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.